Windows Server question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server question

Does anyone know if MS offers a deal for students to get a evaulation copy of MS Windows Server 2003? I'm planning on retiring my current system and remaking it into a server to play with at home. I would only need like 3 seat licence or something.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I have not seen a student version, however you can get the web edition fairly cheap. check out pricewatch as you can find some great deals.
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

You're looking for an "Academic" version.
      Here's a good price from a trusted vendor.
      OR
      Froogle for Academic "Windows Server 2003"

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
        You're looking for an "Academic" version.
        Here's a good price from a trusted vendor.
        OR
        Froogle for Academic "Windows Server 2003"
        However my understanding is the Academic versions can only be sold to certified instutions. (not saying that someone won't sell it to you anyway). M$ reasons that there is no reason to provide their flagship server software(s) to individual students. I have taken several M$ certification courses and their solution is to provide students with 5 client versions but they are only functional for 90 - 120 days (long enough to complete the course).
        Home Brewer the Quintessential Alchemist!

Comment

you can see if you can get the microsoft actionpack subscriptin.. maybe through work or something, it comes with w2k3 server, amongst every other windows server program you could ever want.. price is $299US for the standard package
          We’re sorry. We can’t find the page you were looking for.
          We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

All server software comes standard with 10 seats (hell, even XP Pro comes with 10 seats for data connections). Licensing crap is explained here:

Jammrock
            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
            X