California Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California Photos

OK, so I finally got round to sorting through the >550 photos and getting a selection together that looks nice Bit of photoshop work later, and we have something approaching a nice set of pics...

Click on the thumbnail below to go to a page on my site - but please be patient with the server as it's just a little machine on my home connection

I am a bit of a novice with taking pictures and also with photoshop, so any advice from the "experts" would be greatly appreciated so I can get better at this!

DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

<s>Euhm...
    Which thumbnail?
    Which site?
    </s>

edit: never mind, it took almost 1 minute for my PC to load the thumbnail...

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Hmmmm... might have to get meself some proper server space - will see what I can do and post another link.

Comment

Here is an interesting tool to make galleries:
        Deciding to file for divorce is not an easy thing to do. There are many things that will bother you and will certainly make you feel uncomfortable. In our everyday lives, we make different decisions that have the capacity to change our lives forever. There are times when we need to choose between staying to stay in a relationship and leaving our partners for good.

But there are quite a number of beautiful pictures (and panoramas) there.
        Congrats!

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Thanks VJ - I haven't had a chance to format the page much more than to dump a list of the filenames into an HTML file but plan to do a bit more - the problem with many pre-built galleries (and the one photoshop produces as well is that they don't cope hugely well with odd sized images like my panoramas... so as this is a one-off I may as well just write the HTML or PHP to my complete and utter anal satisfaction

Comment

OK cos I'm at work I only managed to bung 'em onto a Yahoo site:

This won't hold the big panoramas though and I can't work out how to make it show the pics a bit bigger... oh well should be a bit quicker/more reliable than my own poor server and you'll get the general idea

Comment

You sure got around.

Comment

I had fun driving an automatic with a bit of poke...

Comment

Can't believe you didn't go to see the redwoods though.. that would have been my main objective.

Comment

I did, but it was pissing it down with rain for those couple of days (hence only one small blurry photo tucked in the middle of the page )

Comment

Working...
                    X