Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Europeans, questions on the Terratec Cinergy 600 TV Tuner Card...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Europeans, questions on the Terratec Cinergy 600 TV Tuner Card...

Hey guys and gals, I've been looking seriously at the Terretec Cinergy 600 TV tuner card. This card is not available in the UK and the US, however. Before taking the plunge and ordering one, I'd like to ask a few questions about it;

1) Does it support NTSC (It Should, but I'm asking anyway)

2) Does the unit support US channel frequencies?

3) Regarding the Radio Tuner component of the card: Again, does it support US Frequency steppings?

I've downloaded all of the documentation, and nowhere does it mention how it handles this.

I realize this is not a US Market device, but it does do several things I require: Background: I live in Tornado Alley, so RDS Broadcasts are kind of nice to warn of trouble automatically. I've been using an ancient ISA-based ADS Cadet for the better part of a decade and it works well, but it only has a full-featured driver for Win98 and a somewhat troublesome one in Linux.

I have Alpha drivers that have FM-only tuning capability Cadet for Windows 2000 and Windows XP, but there is no RDS Functionality. I am more concerned with RDS than I am with most anything else, and I want it computer-based.

The idea here is to create an early warning system for users inside a building or the home the ability to get a warning while on the computer. It sounds silly, but it would more helpful than you would otherwise expect - and it would be automated.
    Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

usually TV tuner cards sold in PAL countries only have tuners that can handle frequencies used here, and a different tuner for cards sold in NTSC countries. I've only recently seen cards that have tuners that do both, and I doubt the Cinergy 600 is one of them.

Comment

The PAL version has saa7134 philips chip and the NTSC saa7133 chip, so their are differences in the hardware.
      Having said that it seems my saa7134 (PAL) based capture card seems to think it can tune to NTSC...but I don't have a signal to test that tenuous belief.

Comment

The Cinergy cards don't even support the UK's PAL I, I wouldn't import one.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
        X