Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a proxy problem, or something else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a proxy problem, or something else?

From home, on NTL, I can't reach http://wwwuk.kodak.com/global/en/ser...l?pq-path=2310 - the support page for my new camera. All I get is the page header.

If I VNC into my work server and browse from there I have no problem.

I've tried manually specifying the proxy server to a few other NTL ones, but no change.

I don't have any obvious problems with other sites. Any suggestions please?

I'm on XP PRO SP2, using a D-Link DI-624+ and an NTL cable modem.

TIA

T.
    FT.

I can see it fine
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Getting it fine here over ADSL using Moz. Tried a different browser?
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Ta. Welcome back George I did have Firefox for a few days, but it had problems so I junked it when housekeeping the other day (slow rendering, incompatible with my MX1000...I know these can be fixed but that's for another thread )

I've made sure all my settings are on default. I even turned off the firewall associated with my k8n-e built-in nic.
        FT.

Comment

Tx Tony Happy Christmas, New Year and all that! Any chance of trying a different machine using the same connection?
          DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Now you mention it, I had the same trouble from my lappy (using the wifi) but I was having other issues then too due to a troublesome download. Will double check later...I'm taking tie kids to see Lemony Snicketts now
            FT.

Comment

It boots quickly

Same problem here (XP, SP1) ...I guess next step is to remove the router and then blame NTL
              FT.

Comment

Re: Is this a proxy problem, or something else?

Originally posted by Fat Tone
                From home, on NTL, I can't reach http://wwwuk.kodak.com/global/en/ser...l?pq-path=2310 - the support page for my new camera. All I get is the page header.

If I VNC into my work server and browse from there I have no problem.

I've tried manually specifying the proxy server to a few other NTL ones, but no change.

I don't have any obvious problems with other sites. Any suggestions please?

I'm on XP PRO SP2, using a D-Link DI-624+ and an NTL cable modem.

TIA

T.
                With that link I can understand you aint getting anything
                If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Re: Re: Is this a proxy problem, or something else?

Originally posted by Technoid
                  With that link I can understand you aint getting anything
                  Har de har har

I just checked at a mate's house around the corner and he can't get to it on NTL either.

FWIW, my dlink has always been great I only bought it for the wifi, but the other features are pretty handy too.
                  FT.

Comment

Working...
                  X