Damn Stisvc (Windows Imaging) service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn Stisvc (Windows Imaging) service

I'd like to know what tries to launch this service. I had disable it becuase the machine would hang for ages everytime I went to My computer.

This improved matters tremdously but it still wasn't a 100 percent fix. Once in a while when you're browsing folders the machine would hang. Not a problem unless you're doing ghost backup and then you'd crash the machine.

Disabling the indexing service stopped the hanging folders. However something is still trying launch the stisvc service as I get an error in the event log each time I browse drives.

Microshaft is useless as normal as it just tells you to disable the service.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Thanks I looked at this page in the past.
      Still like to know whats calling this program though.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

It's probably because you have (or have had) a camera hooked up to the computer and the driver is still present, if inactive.

This MS article tells ya how to allow the device manager to show inactive devices.

Comment

Removed old junk some time ago just checked and none have crept back in.

Remembered that I hadn't uninstalled some fujifilm usb drivers and did that earler this evening.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I think the MCP uses that service to help keep the rest of the system enslaved or something.

Seriously though, that's what stopped it from loading when I looked at the My Computer "folder" on my system at least.

Comment

Had some weird problem with a USB scanner on XP. It would take ages for explorer to show the folder list. I just have to disconnect the scanner then put it back in a couple of minutes after windows has booted and all's peachy. HP Scanjet 5100C if I remember.

Comment

Seemed to have cured it.

Whether it was setting indexing to disabled or removing the fujifilm usb drivers I don't know but so far no pauses or errors relating to stisvc in the event log.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Problem has returned again.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                  X