No announcement yet.

Reggie White Dies at 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He was one of the greats, and by all accounts a great person as well. Sad to see him go so soon.

Comment

A massive heart attack at 43. Hmmm.
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What are you saying?? Jeez. The man dies at 43 from a heart attack, and you go hmmm..... If you have something to say, come on out and say it! FYI, heart attacks do happen to people at 43!
        RC Agent
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
        AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

He was a great player and a benefit to every community he lived in. My condolences to his family.
          Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Agent
            What are you saying?? Jeez. The man dies at 43 from a heart attack, and you go hmmm..... If you have something to say, come on out and say it! FYI, heart attacks do happen to people at 43!
            Fine, I'm saying that a man in his early forties, an extremely high-performing professional athlete, who has been monitored by trainers and doctors since high school or college, died of heart failure, and I suspect the use of performance enhancing drugs.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Young and middle aged black men can die quite easily enough without steroids or cocaine, so lighten up.

Remember several factors;

1. He was African American, a VERY high risk group for cardiopulmonary disease to start with.

2. Saw him at a benefit dinner once and he lots of high fat foods and enough for any two men. Not good considering #1.

3. His physical activity had dropped significantly after retiring. Also not something that bodes well considering #'s 1 and 2.

Unfortunately these things lead to a lot of premature deaths in the male African American communitity.

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 26 December 2004, 17:38.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat
                Fine, I'm saying that a man in his early forties, an extremely high-performing professional athlete, who has been monitored by trainers and doctors since high school or college, died of heart failure, and I suspect the use of performance enhancing drugs.
                What? That's exactly what I read out of your first post

Oh and yes, it is terrible that anyone has to die at 43 these days. RIP
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                X