It be Windy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It be Windy

60 mph gusts woke me at four in the morning and it's still blowing. Max gust 72 mph at 12:40.

We're not breaking the highest we recorded since I started using the station in 2002. This was 81 which left the pavement and roads covered in branches and roof tiles etc. That only lasted half n hour or so though before declining.

The highest was 90 mph in 1963. The final gust may have been higher but everything started blowing away including the house so we didn't have a record.

It seems that there is a downward trend on the average speed at last otherwise it's ear plugs tonight.

Strange thing about it theres hardly anything further down the road or in town.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Re: It be Windy

Originally posted by The PIT
    Strange thing about it theres hardly anything further down the road or in town.
    This weather effect is very familiar to me.

Comment

Winds rose again during the evening reaching 66 mph just after midnight before dropping off. Guess when I finally fell asleep???
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Bah, that's nothing. Before this damn cold snap, we had sustained 57mph wind with 80-100 gusts
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

and what a cold snap it is! weather.com was reporting a temp of -13F and a "feels like" rating of -25F earlier!
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Stop bragging Wombat.

Anyway I had a quick look at how the weather station web templates work and modified them to show the daily average wind speed and the max wind speed.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
            X