About time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About time

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

I although the tests involved are a bit basic and I know my Mother would fail one becuase of Brain defect.

I'd like too see a blood test as well.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

This is just plain downright ridiculous.

1."if you have any medical condition or disability which may affect your ability to undertake the test or its result, please tell me before the test is started.”

How the bloody hell can anyone know whether he has the ability or not before the test is conducted??? STUPID

2. "(A pupil size between 1.0 – 2.5 normally indicates constriction)
    (A pupil size between 7.0 – 9.0 normally indicates dilation)"

No question of adjustment according to the lighting conditions or individual photosensitivity. My wife would fail this test in bright sunlight as she has a min pupil size of ~1.5 mm with mandatory sunglasses on. STUPID

3. Note condition of eyes: Watery – *YES/NO Reddening - *YES/NO

I would fail this just now, because of a common cold. STUPID

4. EXCESSIVE BODY SWAY SEEN: *YES/NO What is excessive? This is not specified and is purely subjective. In any case, anyone who has ear problems or even takes aspirin as an anticoagulant would fail. STUPID

5. WALK AND TURN TEST
    Anyone who has ear problems or even takes aspirin as an anticoagulant would fail. STUPID

6. ONE LEG STAND TEST

Anyone who has ear problems or even takes aspirin as an anticoagulant would fail. STUPID

7. "You must keep your arms by
    your sides and keep looking at your elevated foot while counting out loud in
    the following manner, ‘one thousand and one, one thousand and two’ and so
    on until I tell you to stop.”"

If you keep on long enough, anyone will sway, quite apart from 6. The length of time is not specified. STUPID

IMHO, the person who devised this document must be a candidate for the Darwin Award.

What's wrong with the system they have here, whereby the person interrogated has to put a pastille in his mouth for 20 seconds. It remains white if no drugs have been used and changes to a colour depending on which drugs have been used. It does not react to prescription drugs, except opiate pain killers (which a driver shouldn't be using anyway).
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Exactly, Brian.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Yup.

These sound a lot like US sobriety field tests given in the US now. Never thought most of them were very sensible, especially if someone is infirm.

I also don't think police officers were the most qualified to administer any kind of test beyond someones physical presense.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X