Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ulead msp 7 & matrox rtx 100 hardware

hi there,

im using adobe premiere 6.5 with my matrox rtx 100 videocard. if i install media studio pro 7 and want to capture video, can i capture the video with the firewire port on the matrox rtx 100?

thanks

kochchef

Yes, you have full control of the RT.X10/X100 IEEE-1394 interface as it's a generic TI chipped device.

You can also the RT.X10/100 analog input with Ulead Video Capture since Matrox included VfW capture drivers for RGB24, YUV and DVCAM (yes, you can capture DV files from an analog source even with Ulead products).

There is also a tool (the WYSIWYG DirectShow Control Panel) that lets you send MSPro's video overlay to the RT.X's preview output as if it were a DualHead card.

Of course if you already have a card with a TV out you can use either one with MSPro, depending on how you set up the cards driver and the WYSIWYG control.

The MSPro output options with a card like the Parhelia or P-750 displays are overwhelming

In addition you can use the *.tga based Organic Wipes in MSPro as MASK transitions.

If you have Pixelan SpiceMaster 2 installed things get even cooler as regards using the Organic Wipes as it lets you apply keyframable colored borders, texture maps etc. to them

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 22 December 2004, 11:27.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

thank you dr. mordrid

good to know these facts

Comment

Hey Doc,
        What does the video out to the NTSC monitor look like when compared to Premiere/RTx combo? (quality/speed)
        thanx,
        Ted
        Premiere PRO XP Pro
        Asus P4s533
        P4-2.8
        Matrox G450
        RT.x100
        45 GIG System Drive
        120 Export Drive
        Promise Fastrak 100(4x80 Maxtor)
        Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Toshiba Laptop