Spoolsv eating all my memory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoolsv eating all my memory!

For a while, I have noticed that the longer I run my computer, the slower it gets, due mainly to increased reads/writes to the harddrive.
    I've basically had to shutdown/restart to get it back to a normal operating speed.
    Today I checked my open processes and found spoolsv using 160MB of memory and building slowly!
    Has anybody seen this problem and what is the solution?

Currently running winxp sp 2
    printer is a HP deskjet 9650, but the problem manifests itself even if I am not printing.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

detree *. /r

That'll fix it!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Very strange. If I get problems like that, I just reinstall windows on top of itself

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I like to do a fresh build every 6months or so (often less)
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

spoolsv process

...i have a hp d155xi with the current drivers and mine seems o.k. it is using 4.4 megs and steady.

i just recently did a fresh install with a sp2 slipstreamed cd from my retail copy...

cc

Comment

Uninstall the printer and leave it disocnnected from the computer. Note the memory usage of "spoolsv" several times that day and see if it goes away. Reinstall the printer and repeat. I had resource hog issues with a printer once and uninstalling and reinstalling even with the same driver cleared everything up.

Comment

There are several trojans that run as spoolsv.exe, so make sure your antivirus is up to date.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yep, was the HP driver, seems OK now with new install

thanks!
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Hey, I actually contributed to the forum. Hooray!

Comment

Working...
                  X