memtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memtest

Just testing my A&M266-D before i commit to buying two CPUs...

How long do i need to run memtest for in order to verify that there are no problems with my RAM?

How can I verify that the mobo is ok?
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

some suggest 20 passes minimum.

Comment

I'll leave it on overnight then... cheers!
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Don't just run memtest, you want memtest86+. The + is a different program, and should be more thorough.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

yeah, sorry that's what I am running v1.40.

Are there any other 'testing' programs that i can use to verify the hardware before I go out an buy two CPUs?

Comment

BOINC?

Comment

All jokes aside, CPDN for BOINC might just be it. Good thing is, you can run it after using it as a means to test HW as well and it won't interupt normal usage at all. Look at it as a way to continually test your HW while doing something usefull as well.

I don;t think I'd have to provide a link, do I?
              Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
              [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Course, a wiring job might be in order as well
                Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Wiring job is scheduled for the weekend after new year.

memtest86+ completed 38passes with no errors...

I guess I can justify the CPUs now!

Can anyone recommend a good cooler to go with them? I'd probably go for 2x2500XMP-M? This rig will have minimal downtime and will be in a cupboard (which is freezing cold at the moment). It would be nice if it were inaudible....

Comment

Working...
                  X