Maybe a White Christmas on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe a White Christmas on the way

Looking like colder air come move down from the north from late Thursday onwards.

Funny despite Winters getting a lot milder here we've had a few White Christmas lately here. Last year wasn't but I'm pretty sure the previous two were.

Maybe an interesting drive down to my sisters in Northampton then.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

I wonder how many people know the history of "A White Christmas"?

- Steve

Comment

Well, at this moment, it's -23C here (-9.4F). That's way too damn cold for mid december (or any time of year for that matter). Definitely on track for a white christmas, however it's supposed to go back above freezing by tuesday.

Brrr.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
        Well, at this moment, it's -23C here (-9.4F). That's way too damn cold for mid december (or any time of year for that matter). Definitely on track for a white christmas, however it's supposed to go back above freezing by tuesday.

Brrr.

Screw that! 40s here... Rarely below 30.

Jeff
        -We stop learning when We die, and some
        people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
        Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
        - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
        - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Why does everyone want a white xmas? Someone tell me what's so special about snow on that particular day?
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

view out my kitchen window this morning

The bottom part is indeed ice forming on the inside of the window .. and it is too cold to change the windows in the wintertime :'(
            We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

was -26 here this morning.
              Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

On 24th, don't mind. 25th? Don't mind. Whatever happens, NOT ON THE 26th! (Gotta go to a lot of places )

J1NG

Comment

Ah, it's up to a balmy -13C now. Positively toasty!
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

The NWS is forcasting snow flurries from Tuesday through Thursday, so perhaps there'll be some snow on the ground for Christmas here too. The high on Thursday is only -8c, the low -15c... (icky metric temperatures. )

I actually like it when it gets absurdly cold though, ice fog/diamond dust is really pretty if it's calm enough for the crystals to fall flat such that they make light pillars:

Comment

Looking more certain now that it will be cold for Xmas so snows possible.
                      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

If you want snow so badly, please come take it from my driveway!
                        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

still got snow here (after three days)
                          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

It was 44 deg F here today

Dr. Mordrid
                            Dr. Mordrid
                            ----------------------------
                            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Got our first snow this morning. Technically not the first, as it apparently snowed while I was out in Japan, but that snow melted upon impacting the earth.

It's actually rather depressing - can't even make a mini-snowman out of what accumulated.

This is well after the snow had started melting away, but there wasn't much more than that earlier in the day.
                              Last edited by Jessterw; 22 December 2004, 15:50.
                              “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Working...
                              X