Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400Marvel-TV - Video and Sound is not synchronized

Howdie Folks,

When I´m trying to capture for a longer time, maybe a whole movie or an complete tape from my analog Cam the picture and the sound is not synchronized towards the end.
    I´m using the onboard-soundcard of my ASUS-Board A7N8X-X and have the latest drivers installed for the board and the Matrox card (Thanks to Adis).
    The whole thing works fine this far under Win XP Home SP1.

Do you have any tips for me how to solve this problem?

So long,
    Thomas

What kind of audio card & CPU speed are you using? Ohter system specs would also be very useful.

Dr. Mordride
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hi Doc,

Thanks for your reply.

The soundcard is the onboard version of my asus board and shows up as Nvidia Nforce.
      My processor is an AMD XP1700 and I´ve got 512 MB of DDRam inside.

Comment

Well....it's kinda hard to do this kind of diagnostics by remote control, but one major problem is the use of an embedded audio system. Most times they operate much like the old WinModems did: almost entirely in software, meaning slowly. This often lets them get out of synch with the video system.

Replacing an embedded audio system isn't just a matter of getting any PCI audio card either. Many of the popular choices for gamers suck for doing video; meaning the Creative SBLive and Audigy cards. Their drivers just stink and they hog the PCI bus.

The ones I've found good for editing are the Turtle Beach Santa Cruz (Videologic Sonic Fury in your parts), M-Audio Revolution and Hercules Game Theater XP.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
        X