ntfs / fat systems compatibility question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ntfs / fat systems compatibility question

I am installing Win XP onto a new HD and will use ntfs.

I want to use my old fat32 formatted HD as a second drive in the new setup. (it contains mp3 and jpegs mainly). Will I be able to transfer the songs/data over to the new drive?

Thanks
    P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Yes. XP will recognize fat32 drives without a problem , just make sure you jumper the drives accordingly (master/slave etc.) or the Bios won't detect them properly.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Good, thanks a lot.
      P4 2.8/533 on MSI 865PE Neo2 Platinum, 1G Crucial, ATI 9600 XT, 5.1 catalyst drivers, TB Santa Cruz, 80G WD 7200 ATA 100, 350W PS Win XP SP2

Comment

And if you need it the other way around (reading NTFS partitions on W9x or dos), look for NTFSDOS here:
        Library, learning resources, downloads, support, and community. Evaluate and find out how to install, deploy, and maintain Windows with Sysinternals utilities.

Jörg
        pixar
        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
        X