Harddisk Recovery : My new champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harddisk Recovery : My new champ

Have been in Florida last year during Christmas and New Year, doing the usual tourist stuff like Disneyland, Daytona Beach ...

Made a big error when being at home again. I did not immediately store the pictures taken with the digital camera on a CD. And - i think you guessed it already - shit happened. Got a harddisk failure on an other harddisk, tried to repair it, swapped ide cables around, finally decided the format the corrupted harddisk and did it WITH THE WRONG harddisk, where the pictures are stored.

(... Please insert your own story or imagination about troubles with girlfriend and kids ...)

As i was extremely pis***, i tossed the harddisk into a drawer of the desk and more or less forgot it.

Now a couple of month ago a thread here praised SpinRite as the best recovery tool. Decided to give it a try, inserted the harddisk into the computer and let it run with zero success. Spinrite found absolutely nothing. Harddisk got into the drawer again.

Now last weekend i visited O&O's website (also known for their very good defrag software) and found their disk recovery tool
    http://www.oo-software.com/en/produc...ery/index.html. Decided to give it a try too, inserted the harddisk and told the program to recover all graphic files.

AND THE INCREDIBLE HAPPENED.

I got ALL pics back from a harddisk formatted 11 months ago.

Absolute recommendation for this program!!!!

Didn't tell girlfriend until now, guess i'll give her the cd with the pics as a christmas present

Cya, thx for listening
    Rakido
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

nice one!
    FT.

Comment

Woohooo! Great.
      I still haven't been disappointed by File Scavenger. It recovered everything I've ever wanted from stripped RAIDs and usual disks...

Comment

Working...
      X