Steps missing to go from HuffYUV to TMPGEnc to SVCD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steps missing to go from HuffYUV to TMPGEnc to SVCD

I feel like the current stock market.....

Now that I am able to capture other than with PC-VCR, I am trying to use all the good suggestions I read about in this forum

Nevertheless, I am still missing some important steps.

When creating a project in Premiere 6 for editing HuffYUV clips, what are the correct project settings? Are there any templates available?

How do I get from the HuffYUV file to TMPGEnc after editing in Premiere?

"Export Movie" gives so many options, but which is the right one so there is no quality loss? If I understand the process correctly, all the in and out points, transitions, etc. are applied using the HuffYUV file, but a new file is created, and that new file can be rendered into a lot of different formats.

I assume filetype=MS Avi with Video compressor=none are the correct settings for creating the file going into TMPGEnc?

------------------
    Harald
    Harald

The project settings are those of your capture. I usually use "uncompressed" as the format.

What you're missing is AVISynth. It is the software that will "frameserve" the video straight from Premiere's timeline to TMPGEnc.

I'm sending you the AVISynth plugin and necessary directions.

Get the proper VFAPI plugin for your version of TMPGEnc and install it as well so it can receive the output from AVISynth. Use TMPGEnc 12a for best results frameserving with the version I'm sending you.

Read the Doom9 frameserving tutorial for Flask to get an idea of what the AVISynth interface looks like and what to expect. Ignore the AVISynth installation directions as they apply only to FlaskMPEG;

http://www.doom9.f2s.com/mpg/flaskmpeg_and_avisynth.htm

Look at the bottom of the page for AVISynth specific instructions. There is a link to a TMPGEnc page at the bottom as well for its instructions.

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 15 March 2001).]

Comment

Thanks Doc!

You came through again

------------------
      Harald
      Harald

Comment

Working...
      X