More buggs in MSP7.2 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More buggs in MSP7.2 ?

Recently I captured some short clips with MSP 7.2 Video Capture.
    PAL-MPEG2 720x576 25 fps.
    I put the files to the Video Editor and made my cut/edit operations.
    Later, I tried to add, in the timeline, an Audio Filter to one of my clips, but MSP 7.2 crashed, and all my work was gone.
    After multiple try with crashes, I made a split the A from V and than I could add any Audio Filter to the A1 track.
    Finishing the Audio filtering I did the Unit of the A+V and everything went ok.

I consider that a good designed program should not crash if the user makes some minor mistakes. Maybe it should warn for the error, but not to crash.
    I wonder if this is a bug in the MSP 7.2?
    Fred H
    It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
    ------------------------------------------------

Your problem is probably because you captured in MPEG-2, which is not really meant for editing. Which audio format did you choose.

To do the job well, capture to DV AVI, do all your editing and only then convert to MPEG-2. This gives you better quality (even if you do not edit). a wider choice of parameters and the possibility of AC-3 audio.

Real time transcoding to MPEG is usually to be avoided.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Thanks, Brian.
      Yes, probably the MPEG2 format caused the problems.
      But splitting the file, in the Video Editor itself, I could add filters. And, the Video Editor itself could join the audio and video again.
      My intentions were to cut and edit a short clip from an old Video8 file recently backed up on a DVD, using MSP 7.2 Capture.
      Newly I discovered that I need a short cut from this back up. I still have the original Video8 tape, but I considered it’s not worth the time to re-capture it in a higher quality format.
      The goal was a short video to put on a VCD.
      The captured audio is PCM 48,000 KHz, 16 bit Mono (!)
      I still can’t accept that MSP 7.2 will crash for this, instead of some kind of error message or just refusing the wrong operation.
      For years ago I made a lot of programs for others, and I tried to include everything to avoid crashes, even if the user made some extreme silly. But I can’t compare my amateur level of programs with something so professional as Ulead is.
      I was very angry, because I lost a lot of unsaved work. Dumb, silly user what I am...
      Fred H
      It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
      ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
      X