We aren't happy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We aren't happy...

More of you need to run some specific software on your hardware.

Originally posted by Umfriend
    I am somewhat concerned though that it's been quite a while since we had a new member. I thought that once we broke through #100, people would join in to support us further, but no. And we're #48 right now.
    You will all obey.

This is great, 94 views and no reply......

Still, we did get one new member who is crunching at high speed Of course, _he_ did receive a warm welcome.

We seem to be no match for those higher ranked teams though. Not even ranked in the top 40 . But perhaps with your help, this small international team can teach those bigshots a lesson...
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

1x 1Gig pentium 3 nibbling away for ya, should get a result in week or two

Comment

Does crunching for SETI help even in a detached way?
        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 20 December 2004, 21:04.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome. Don't know how much electricity I want to waste on all my vintage P3's. Is it worth crunching on anything less than a 1Ghz CPU??? I have an AMD 1700 I'll be putting Windows 2003 Server on shortly and I'll fire up the 1.7P4 at work too. Anybody crunching with Centrino powered notebooks??
          Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

DirtFarmer, we have a member in our team crunching on a Dual P3-450..... Any and all credits count. We want to play with the big guys.

AFAIK, they warn for heating issues with notebooks. There is a thing call threadmaster from cpdn to ensure it does not run continiously but pauses to let the machine cool off a bit. I don't know anything about centrinos, maybe they don;t run hot at all? Just be carefull.

@HJ, you're not part of the team yet, are you? Wanna join us? We'd love to have a guy as kewl as you with us!
            Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
            [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
              Does crunching for SETI help even in a detached way?
              Crunching for SETI also helps in the overall stats for BOINC teams.

The stats indicate we "Matrox Users" are 87th in the world for all Boinc participants.

and 85th here

dshumake

Comment

HJ is spaced out. He'll never compete with the hardcore CPDN crunchers.

Comment

well.. give me a while to get my server delivered and setup and i'll donate a few cycles... after all what else is a quad CPU machine for?
                  The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

With the help of my Duron 1300 we'll make #1 in no time

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That's the spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
                        HJ is spaced out. He'll never compete with the hardcore CPDN crunchers.
                        Certainly feels that way lately between work, family squabbles that I am in the middle of and this damn congestion in my head that won't go away quickly enough.

Aren't you supposed to be encouraging me?

I''m going to try to add a few machines at work. The server has an issue running the service. What accounts need full access to the BOINC folder besides my admin account of course in order for it to function?

Added:
                        This could get 28.0 ghz worth of interesting.
                        Last edited by High_Jumbllama; 21 December 2004, 19:24.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
                          Certainly feels that way lately between work, family squabbles that I am in the middle of and this damn congestion in my head that won't go away quickly enough.

Aren't you supposed to be encouraging me?

I''m going to try to add a few machines at work. The server has an issue running the service. What accounts need full access to the BOINC folder besides my admin account of course in order for it to function?

Added:
                          This could get 28.0 ghz worth of interesting.
                          That was encouragement, in a daring, challenging, sort of way. (knowing full well that if you join, you'll probably pass most of us up)

It says here that BOINC run as a service needs to be set as Local System account.

Comment

Pah, he could pass ME up? If you or he thinks that, you must be as high as the spaceship in his avatar!

here's hoping

Comment

I was getting CreateService Failed messages and had to give my admin account full access to the Enum keys inside the "CurrentControlSet" keys. One 2.7ghz celeron added.

Comment

Working...
                              X