Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peterson gets death sentence

Couldn't happen to a slimier slug.
    Should bring the family some closure at least.

Just a shame it won't happen for years, if not decades...if ever...
    Last edited by Kruzin; 13 December 2004, 18:21.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

He definitely deserved it. As cold and calculating as he was.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

In Kaliforniastan......LOL

This means he gets life in prison. They'll never carry out the sentence.
      "Never interfere with the enemy when he is in the process of destroying himself"

Comment

They won't get the chance to kill him. Solitary confinement or not the other prisoners will get to him and he'll be toast. Those who prey on the helpless don't last long in prison. Even they have their standards.

How long did Dahmer last? 2 years 2 months.

Dr. Mordrid
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I'll make your jaw drop.. I don't agree with the death penalty verdict here, nor the guilt verdict, for two reasons. Number one, there was a shadow of a doubt as to his guilt. All evidence was circumstantial. It was quite plausible for the real murderer to have dumped the body at the site of Peterson's very publicized alibi, and thus exonerate themselves. Number two, the case was a fricken circus. The jury felt like stars in some soap opera. Some said they based their decision for death upon the guy's stoic demeanor, which they chose to see as lack of remorse. If you are really innocent, do you show "remorse?" I think they could very well have based their decision upon what people would think rather than the merits of the case. The whole public mess always twists everything and gets in the way of justice.

I will admit that I did not follow things very closely, since I hated the idea that the media was using this case to get ratings, but I never saw incontrovertable evidence. Was there any?

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
            They won't get the chance to kill him. Solitary confinement or not the other prisoners will get to him and he'll be toast. Those who prey on the helpless don't last long in prison. Even they have their standards.

How long did Dahmer last? 2 years 2 months.

Dr. Mordrid
            Dahmer had a LOT more evidence against him. My God, there were body parts in his freezer waiting to be consumed. And the reason he was killed was because a family member of one of his victims put the hit out.

If Peterson gets killed in prison, it will be because he is a "star" and he's white. Some black or hispanic guy will be upset that no one followed HIS murder trial like that. Why? Because he was black/hispanic of course, and "no one cares about people of color."

Comment

Well, they sure cared about the OJ trial.

I do agree with you about your previous post. In fact, there was a ton more evidence against OJ than they had against Peterson. Juries don't seem to know the "beyond reasonable doubt" rule anymore.
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

They need to ship him to Texas, where he can get on the Death Row Express.
                “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Kv - Here's alot of details:
                  Michael Peterson is on trial for the 2001 death of his wife, Kathleen, whose body was found at the bottom of a staircase in their home.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                    I'll make your jaw drop.. I don't agree with the death penalty verdict here, nor the guilt verdict ...
                    I was never convinced of his guilt from the very beginning and I'm still not sure. He acted quite oddly but that could be for a number of reasons. I followed the case in the media but that's quite a filtered view. I never saw anything to sway me one way or another and I always kept an open mind. The jury has now convicted him and sentenced him to death so I tend to believe in his guilt now but I'm still not sure. We just have to trust our system of justice that the right decision was made.

As far as the death sentence here ... we don't kill our death row inmates very often in California. Most I believe die of natural causes, followed by suicides, and thirdly some are killed by fellow inmates. It's quite rare for us to actually execute these folks.
                    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                      He definitely deserved it. As cold and calculating as he was.
                      How can you convict someone on being cold and calculating?

Hell people can be ****ed up in the worst of situations and leave you scratching your heads on why they are acting like that. Prime example for me was the passing of my Ex GF last month. Her mom had no emmotion in her voice and her voice never broke all the times I've talked to her. Many people who I'm friends with commented that it was like she was at a wedding reception...not her daughters funeral.
                      Last edited by GT98; 14 December 2004, 10:53.
                      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Ummmmm.....let's see

He dyed his hair blonde, grew a goatee, had $10,000 cash on him, had his brothers ID and was picked up by the police in San Diego (just in case you don't see this part, it is really REALLY close to the Mexican border and he lives 300 miles north of San Diego).

He claims he was fishing in the same place that his headless wife and dead son were found.

He lied about tons of things he was doing and was caught making those lies. For instance, dating Amber Fry, saying he was in places he wasn't, etc...

His phone was tapped and his car was tracked via GPS. The knew exactly what he was saying and where he was going. He lied and got busted.

I haven't even touched everything he got busted on.

As far as I am concerned, he is a sick guilty ****head that deserves to rot in hell.
                        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

haven't really followed all the details, so I can only trust the jury on making a good decision.
                          If he is guilty, then death is too good for him.
                          he needs to suffer every day of his natural life.
                          Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Only 10 people have been killed on death row in California in the last 26 years, he's safe. Now if he was in Texas...

Jeff
                            -We stop learning when We die, and some
                            people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                            Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                            - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                            - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Most evidence today is circumstantial and white women in her age group are more than likely to be murdered by their spouse or someone they know rather than some mysterious boogey man.

personally it all added up to him and his ability to consistently lie and not provide any clues as to who might want to frame him?
                              but i guess thats why he was cruising around the mexico border with dyed hair new shave and $10000.00
                              how could he have known his wife would be found in the same area as he was fishing certainly a super good looking genius such as himself would never do such a stupid mistake. /sarcasm
                              the burden of proof is beyond a reasonable doubt and I wouldnt find it reasonable that all these things added up to him not being her murderer or any thing that was presented by his defense pointed away from him being reasonable that he didnt do .
                              DFI NFIIUltra 400
                              756Ram ATI 9550 256mem
                              Lite-On DVDR/RW/DL
                              Windows XP pro
                              msn messenger id: gchisel
                              Be aware that a halo has to fall only a few inches to be a noose

Comment

Working...
                              X