Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite - 2 annoyances

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite - 2 annoyances

Yesterday i became a proud owner of a Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop Elite - got it surprisingly cheap - around 67 euro, which, considering the prices for computer parts here are easily 20% higher than those in, say, Germany, and even higher than in the US, is a real bargain. I love the wireless freedom it offers, the KB is very nice, good "feel" to the keys, mouse is nice, tho i still need to get used to wireless/optical tech (i always get the feeling like its lagging), but nevertheless, quite satisfied with it.

However, there are two minor issues.

1. The scroll whell (both on the mouse and the KB) works perfect with documents and web pages, but it flips way to fast thru weapons in UT, or programs in DScaler, i assume it`s because it slides smoothly, there are no "notches"... So, i`ve set the scrolling speed to minimum, but still too fast. Are there any tweaks or programs so i can slow it down even further?

2. The media center. It works perfectly with WMP10, but not with winamp 5.04. The volume controls do work (not surprising), but play/pause, stop, next/prev track do not. I seem to recall reading that it should control Winamp. It`s not a major thing, but still, i`d like it if i could control Winamp thru it. Any suggestions?

Thanks, omegaRED
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Ok, i found out about one of the little annoyances. The Media Center will work with Winamp 5 when it`s skin is set to Winamp Classic, but not Winamp Modern. Weird....
    Seth, are you ok? I`m peachy Kate. The world is my oyster. - Seth Gecko

Comment

Working...
    X