Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate opera!

[rant]
    I've just spent ages trying to get phpmyadmin talking to mysql after changing the admin password and all i got was a 'failure to connect message'.

After three hours, I have discovered the problem. Opera is pulling pages from the cache rather than requesting a fresh one. As phpmyadmin runs in a frame, hitting F5 doesn't work as it takes me back to the index.

I have checked in the options, and it was set to check 'always' but it still doesn't work... argh!!!!!!
    [/rant]

I am converting to IE until AZ can come up with a justification for this behaviour!
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Why not switch to FireFox?

*ducks*
    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Preferences -> History and Cache -> Check documents -> Always. (or uncheck "cache documents")

I, too, find this frustrating, btw.

AZ

EDIT: Very tired. Unchecking "cahce douments" works guaranteed, but may make browsing a little slower. dunno
      Last edited by az; 8 December 2004, 15:17.
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

it was set to always

I found that deleting the cache has sorted it for now....
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Yes, sorry, very tired. I must admit these uptions are also a bit unclear to me. I don't believe there are bugs because I think I would've heard of them, but still... maybe I'll post a question on the opera forums tonight or tomorrow. Anyone got a beer for me?

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I've got a few tins of warm guiness in the freezer.... perhaps I should check on them...

Comment

mm.. frosty...

now back to MySql....

Comment

Firefox can also suffer from cache problems plus it's more annoying java problem which I haven't had a solution yet.
                Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I'm sure AZ is happy to hear that!

Comment

Working...
                  X