Power DVD Superimposed Icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power DVD Superimposed Icons

Has anybody got an idea how the Power DVD superimposed icons can be removed ?

Debbie
    Attached Files
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

One sure way is to uninstall PowerDVD!

And no I have no idea how the icons can be removed safely.

Comment

btw is that power DVD 6 you're using?

Comment

Yes. It's not bad. and it goes well with the MC Encoder. I had some problems with WinDVD

Comment

Unlike the five version the six version seems to want Internet access according to my firewall. When I try denying access the program doesn't run. As far as I can see the main reason for wanting Internet access is to advertise in the configuration settings screen. I'm really upset about this!

Comment

Never noticed problems of this sort . BTW what do you need a firewall for. It really slows down things.
            Last edited by Debbie; 8 December 2004, 14:07.

Comment

You wanted to run Windows 9x and you don't think you need a firewall? Haha.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Have you ever heard of Norton Ghost ? I have a computer just for internet and 3 more to work on.
                Last edited by Debbie; 8 December 2004, 14:42.

Comment

just an update.
                  cyberlink has responded to my query & tbh I'm not reaaly happy with what they're saying:

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Support.

I understand your concern, but it is normal for the PowerDVD 6.0 to access Internet for updates from time to time. There is no option in PowerDVD to stop this.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification in this issue or for any assistance in any issues related to your PowerDVD software.

Thank you and best regards,

Comment

So, uhm, without an internet connection, it does not work? If so, do the requirement to run the software include an internet connection?
                    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

No, you don't have to have an Internet connection but you do have to allow the programme to access the Internet if you have a firewall.

Comment

Guess there's no way to tell a program (or have the OS tell the program) that there is no IntConn, right?
                        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
                        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

ayoub_ibrahim,

Thanks for the info. My internet computer has practialy nothing on it, just what comes with Windows, Spybot and Symantec AntiVirus.

All my applications including PowerDVD are on my other 3 computers that have no network card and I do all my transfering via USB.

However I feel it is not fair that PowreDVD links with the internet wether you like it or not. Would you blame hackers, I ask.

Debbie

Comment

I suppose you could edit the host file so it's just looks for the web site locally.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                            X