Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nero 5.5 delayed again....

Grrrrr.....

"We will deliver the first Nero 5.5 Retail and OEm version at the 9th of March.

Kind regards,
    Jenny Menhart "

Dr. Mordrid

I hope they'll use the time to implement some of the goodies that WinOnCD 3.8 has, such as mpeg-1 music CD's (7 hours of music on a CD and compatible with most DVD players!) and mpeg-1 photo album cd's (ditto). This is one impressive way to archive photo's! Now that WinOnCd has SVCD support, it has a slight edge over Nero...Especially the sound filters are better.
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Doc: I presume you are waiting on this for a reason (or reasons of course!). So, what benefits does Nero 5.5 have?

Paul.
      Meet Jasmine.
      flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

1. Menus for both VCD and SVCD

2. built-in MPEG encoder

3. improved audio plugin API

and more.

'tis enough for me ;-)

Dr. Mordrid

[This message has been edited by Dr Mordrid (edited 12 February 2001).]

Comment

There is a revue on Nero 5.5 here:

http://www.cdrwcentral.com/cdrsoftwa...o55/index.html

Looks sweet!

Comment

EZCD Creator is in SO MUCH TROUBLE!

One bit of bad news though: delayed again until the 19th.

Sorry.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Uhoh.

I did not see anything on chaptering in that review (or revue which I typed above )
              Hopefully, it was just missed in the write-up.

(Just saw a message flash up via mug-sw.yahoogroups aka egroups. I wonder who wrote that? )

[This message has been edited by KevinG (edited 07 March 2001).]

Comment

... and it's now 12th march and no sign of 5.5 on the ahead site yet? Any ideas as to what's up (doc?)
                Phil
                AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

do you guys sometimes get a 'incorrect function' error message when you try to access the CDRW drive after you've burned a CD with Nero?

Comment

No.. Only if I try to add to the CD with EZCD after writing with Nero.
                    paulw

Comment

phil: if you read up a couple messages, doc said it was delayed till the 19th

Comment

Actually the week of the 19th.

Ahead mailed me a couple of days ago that it could appear anywhere from the 19th to the 25th.

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I'm anxious to see what the SVCD menuing will be like. I have Nero 5.0 now and it is solid as a rock. Hope the new features blend well into this extremely stable and easy to use program. I'm glad too that the upgrade will be free for current owners of Nero 5.0

[This message has been edited by dchip (edited 14 March 2001).]

Comment

Working...
                          X