Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 7.60 Preview 4 available

Gotcha again Paddy

Download and changelog for Windows or Linux and FreeBSD.

Have fun

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Still pimpin' your browser eh?

I'm eventually gonna have to download it again to see what all the fuss is about.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

and i will grab it when it becomes non-beta
      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

as i said in my last post - beta's don't count!
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

7.60 has some long awaited changes in them. Been using it since PR1. When final hits it should be a pretty awesome browser update.

Jammrock
          Last edited by Jammrock; 5 December 2004, 14:25.
          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Opera has an updated 7.54 version that removes a security flaw. Found in the Beta news section. The front page doesn't mention it.

Comment

Never thought I would say this but I think I am going to buy Opera, seems to be the best option at the moment.

Two questions though Az, could search but hey, the Az machine is here.

1. Is it easy enough to import mail from OE into the Opera mail client?
              2. How good is the mail spam filter?

Comment

I have never imported myself, but there is a wizard for doing it (file -> import -> mail).

Unfortunately, I don't find the spam filter that good. Other people have different experiences, though.

The Opera Mail Client is a bit different from other mail clients, some like it, some don't: It has NO folders. Unread is just a filter for received mails, spam is just a filter as well.

dZeus doesn't like the Opera mail client, he uses firebird instead (or what the mozilla mail client is called).

If you don't use the mail client, it doesn't get loaded (or you can just delete the m2.dll - though this will also kill news functionality AFAIK). In 7.60, you will be able to disable mail, chat, and news clients separately.

AZ

Comment

Think I will continue with OE as my mail client for a while then, have several different folders for mail, view filter doesn't look like it will be able to cope with it.

OT: Anyone know a good spam filter for OE, free or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                    I have never imported myself, but there is a wizard for doing it (file -> import -> mail).

Unfortunately, I don't find the spam filter that good. Other people have different experiences, though.

The Opera Mail Client is a bit different from other mail clients, some like it, some don't: It has NO folders. Unread is just a filter for received mails, spam is just a filter as well.

dZeus doesn't like the Opera mail client, he uses firebird instead (or what the mozilla mail client is called).

If you don't use the mail client, it doesn't get loaded (or you can just delete the m2.dll - though this will also kill news functionality AFAIK). In 7.60, you will be able to disable mail, chat, and news clients separately.

AZ
                    It's not that I don't like it...
                    for mail I'd prefer to be depandant on an open-spec (and widely embraced) mail archive format so if I collect years worth of email I'll have a decent chance of being able to import it to the mail client of choice if I ever need to switch.

Comment

Well purchased, installed and currently being used.

See how I get on in a couple of days.

Comment

It doesn't like Hotmail that much, shame as I use my hotmail account for my freelance work.

Comment

This won't help you, but you can read here that it's not Opera's fault. MSN have pulled tricks like that in the past, somehow they just don't like Opera.

AZ

Comment

Az

Do you have Opera identify itself as Opera or IE6 as when I installed it defaulted to IE6.

phpMyAdmin is a little strange with Opera, renders the text really small (table names) and the database, processes, operations bar is a little strange.

Still having to use IE for fileplanet and Hotmail but other then that quite nice so far.

Didn't think tabbed browsing was worth it with three monitors but it is turning out to be useful.

Comment

what's wrong with hotmail in opera? I identify as opera and it works fine here.

Comment

Working...
                              X