Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to edit captured video in MSP6

Hello,

I am trying to edit video I captured with my G400-marvel.

I captured the MJPEG avi and converted it to MPEG with the included converter program.

Now I want to edit and MSP6 gives me an error when I try to input the mpg file. Something along the lines that it is not a recognized format.

system: intel pent II 350
    128 megs ram
    win 98 se

TIA

Joe
    mighty drumgod of the midwest

You don't edit in MPEG - you edit in MJPEG (or similar) and THEN convert to MPEG as the last stage. Standard MPEG isn't normally an editable format because of the way it doesn't contain full information about each frame, just information about the changesbetween successive frames. Even the RT2000 and Premiere have to use a "special" kind of MPEG known as I-Frame for editing purposes, and then convert back to standard IBP afterwards.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply....

I was thinking that might have been my problem...

one other question...

I keep hearing about huffyuv, I'm new to all this videocapture obviously and have no idea
      what the huffyuv is and what it can do for me.. Could you point me to some resources and maybe explain what it is?

Thanks a ton!!

Best regards,

JB

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by This_Idiot:
      You don't edit in MPEG - you edit in MJPEG (or similar) and THEN convert to MPEG as the last stage. Standard MPEG isn't normally an editable format because of the way it doesn't contain full information about each frame, just information about the changesbetween successive frames. Even the RT2000 and Premiere have to use a "special" kind of MPEG known as I-Frame for editing purposes, and then convert back to standard IBP afterwards.</font>

------------------

Comment

Well I'd love to point you towards the main site (desktopvideoworld.com), but unfortunately our hosts (Gamers Alliance) mislaid it a couple of weeks back and don't seem to be able to find it again.

In the meantime, your best source of info is right here on the forum. Try using the "search" facility and entering "huff" as the search string. To start with I'd limit the length of search to the last 5 or 10 days, otherwise you're gonna spend a LOT of time reading

Comment

Hate to be a pill but I just tried editing the captured MJPEG in MSP 6 and Avid and both failed to open the .avi file....

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Joe

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by This_Idiot:
          Well I'd love to point you towards the main site (desktopvideoworld.com), but unfortunately our hosts (Gamers Alliance) mislaid it a couple of weeks back and don't seem to be able to find it again.

In the meantime, your best source of info is right here on the forum. Try using the "search" facility and entering "huff" as the search string. To start with I'd limit the length of search to the last 5 or 10 days, otherwise you're gonna spend a LOT of time reading
          </font>

------------------

Comment

Working...
          X