Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good ol' ninty

So, did anybody else pick up a Nintendo DS? I'm really enjoying mine
    Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Is it out already?

J1NG

Comment

I want one but I'm waiting for a must have game to justify the purchase.
      P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Well. If Tecmo does release a minature version of DOAX on the DS, I'll definately get one!

J1NG

Comment

I could never get into the 3d fighters. A good version of Street Fighter is what would win me over.

I haven't looked into it at all yet but I wonder how the "rom backup" scene is evolving for DS. Do the GBA RAM carts work on the DS? Is a RAM cart for DS coming out any time soon.

Honestly, from a purely backup perspective, it has been a big convenience for me to have half a dozen games on one cart instead of having to lug around the extra cartridges.

I was talking to a sales person of a canadian company that used to import PS2 mod chips and ram cartridges for GBA and he told me that he'd sold many dozens of GBA backup kits to EA and a few other major developers. They told him that as Nintendo license holders they were required to buy at least one "official" programmer for around $10,000 but it was simply too expensive for them to have one for each programmer. The RAM carts made it practical for each programmer to be able to test his code right away.
          P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

the GBA back-up carts still work with the DS, how long we need to wait for a DS-version to play DS games, i don't know...
            Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Oops, I meant DOAXBV DS (Or whatever it's called) Not DOAX as in DOA 1,2,3,4,X etc.

J1NG

Comment

Working...
              X