Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #Trivia competition on #murc

Hi all,

I still remember fondly the Trivia competition Westwood studios used to do on their gaming/chat server.

I'm thinking about setting something lik ethat up on our IRC channel #murc. Basically, I'll have a list of, say, 30 Qs, first correct gues gets a point and NO GOOGLING (no Dzeus, really!).

Anyone interested in giving it a go?

Thinking about Sunday evening the 12th for a first time. Should be possible for Eurotwits and US to join given the time.

If it turns out to be fun, I might try and do this more often.

There may be one catch, but I'm not telling (yet).

Umf
    Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
    [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Sunday evening at what time GMT?

Originally posted by Umfriend
    .... first correct gues gets a point and NO GOOGLING (no Dzeus, really!).
    Google keeps telling me the answer on purpose! It won't listen when I tell it to shut up. Honest!

Comment

Sounds like a great idea!
      (but I won't make it Saturday )

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Sry, sunday the 13th I guess. But time and date are TBA for now, it's the potential interest I'm trying to gauge. Not going to go through the trouble of finding 30 to 60 Qs for 3 ppl.
        Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
        [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Sounds fun

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

sounds like fun to me.

- Steve

Comment

The catch is the questions are written in Dutch?

Should be fun though.
              Last edited by Fluff; 2 December 2004, 16:07.

Comment

or... they'll all be about the smurfs?

az probably will win in that case

Comment

Nah, I honestly don't know how smurfs taste. (though the blue ice cream here is sometimes called smurf-ice... wonder what they tell kids what this ice is made of )

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

HAHA, I think it sounds like fun.
                    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

It's actually quite hard to come up with trivia questions that are challenging for such an erudite audience as MURC, so I got four now. It'll be a bit longer. But it'll be announced in due time in due course using due process.

Comment

Working...
                      X