Ldap..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ldap..

What is an LDAP server. Is it free? (or are there any free ones for XP).

From what i understand it is kind of like a centralised address book which can store e-mail addresses and phone numbers etc.

Re: Ldap..

Originally posted by Fluff
    [B]What is an LDAP server. Is it free? (or are there any free ones for XP).
    Google is your friend.

http://www.google.dk/search?sourceid...e=UTF-8&q=ldap
    Laptops: ASUS G750JM: Intel Core i7 4700HQ, 8GB RAM (DDR3-1600), Nvidia GTX 860M, 1 x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD, 1 x WD 750 GB HDD, 17,3" FHD Screen, Windows 8.1 64-bit.
    ASUS Vivobook S400CA: Intel Core i5 3317U (1,7-2,6 GHz), 8 GB RAM (DDR3-1600), Intel HD4000, 1 x 500GB HDD, 14" touch-screen (1366x768), Windows 8.1 64-bit.

Comment

We have an LDAP server at work, it manages SOFAchat, SOFAmail and all other interactive options for our digital cable service. Ours has nothing to do with computers, just digital cable decoders.

Go here to find out what our LDAP server does.

Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

LDAP = Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, and as the name suggests is normally used for authentication purposes
        When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Cheers guys. I will do a bit of reading up.

We have a photocopier coming soon and it uses LDAP for e-mail directory.

That was the reason for asking.

Comment

If your company uses active directory, or a recent version of netware, you already have an ldap directory.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

OS X servers use OpenLDAP. You can also setup a linux server to use it. The server can store usernames for authentication with contact information.
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
              X