Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 MPEG2 files frames will be skipped

Hi folks,

have a matrox G400, Winxp(sp2), chipsetdrivers and the newest Matrox Drivers installed 5.093. Nothing else. (for finding the mistake).

Athlon XP 1700, 256 MB RAM

Dualhead off
    DVDmax on
    Clonemod on (for output on TV)
    16bit colors

When I am starting a MPEG-file with Videolan Player 8.1, after one or 2 minutes, it starts skipping frames for 5 or 6 seconds. Then it plays normaly. But again after 30 sec frames are skipped again. And so on. Sometimes one minute without skipping, then every 20 sec. and so on.

Strong camera movements in the movies sometimes are skipped, and sometimes not. Also they could be a begining of a skipping-frames-sequence.

Which my Nvidia TNT2 there is no problem with the movies.

After that I tried Win 98. Much much better, not perfect, but acceptable. (I read this suggestion in this forum)

So I tried mplayer (Winxp). It is a bit better but frames also will be skipped from time to time. But I have only a compiled version without dfbmga drivers for g400. I have no idea of compiling a mplayer under windows. Also not under Linux.

I read about reclock, but it works not with videolan and I do not know how to start it with mplayer.

I would like to use mplayer or videolan, because these two have the timeshifrt feature.

Try to use my office computer (Athlon XP1900, 512MB RAM).

It is the same.

Any ideas?

the refresh of the tv-out doesn't match the exact framerate of the video. Frames will have to be dropped to keep sync.

You probably don't notice the problem with the TNT as much, because it most likely doesn't do vsync for the video output to the tv-out (it's always on for the G400).

Use ReClock. There are plenty of applications around that can timeshift that use DirectShow (requirement for ReClock).

Comment

Why are you using 16-bit color? and what is your screen resolution ?
      Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
      MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
      Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
      Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Hi dZeus, thank you for the answer.

But why does it work better with win 98?

You know I mean with timeshift that I can read a MPEG file, which is still in the writing process.

Windvd, Powerdvd, media player classic, Microsoft Media Player, they all are not able to play such files.

There are plenty of applications around that can timeshift that use DirectShow

There are plenty of applications around that can timeshift that use DirectShow
        If that is true I will pray 100 Ave Maria and 50 Our Father.

Could you tell me just 2 please? Our a good forum?

I need a player who can toggle between the audio streams.

Most of my MPEG files have 2 Audio streams (German, English)

The XCARD from Sigmadesigns plays them very good, but timeshift is impossible.

@mmp121

Hi

I use 16 colors because when I started long MPEG files in 32Bit mode, they where totaly green.

Thank you

damy

Comment

look on avsforum.com.

SageTV is one. There's also MedioTV, Snapstream, BeyondTV, etc

Comment

Ok lets have a look

heard of sage TV, but the word TV was always a barrier.

Thank you

Comment

& did You try G400DivX ?
              A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

@Nicram

Do you mean playing a Divx file, or is G400Divx a special Softwareplayer?

But anyway, playing a Divx file make the same problems.

Comment

By the way, I only use the S-VHS output. Could this be the reason?

Will the RGB output bring a better performance due to this problem?

Thank you

damy

Comment

By the way, I only use the S-VHS output. Could this be the reason
                    Sorry, I meant "could this be also a reason?"

Comment

G400 DivX make better overlay support in all video files thar are playing (mpg, mpg2, divx, xvid, mp4 etc...). Try too use it
                      A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

yeah and it requires directshow as well, so it is just as useless as ReClock for VideoLan. ReClock does a better job as well at synching the video speed to the tv-out refresh. RGB or S-Video (S-VHS is a kind of VHS format, not the Y/C connection standard) doesn't make a difference to the refresh, only to the amount of available bandwidth for the picture data (theoretically gives a better quality picture).

Comment

Thank you for your help

Is there a way to implement reclock in mplayer? Because also mplayer has so many matrox drivers, especially for the G400.

By Damy

Comment

in win32, mplayer can only use vo directx (afaik), so it doesn't matter anyway. Use a directshow compatible player in windows. It's so much easier and more convenient.

Comment

Working...
                            X