X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DON'T PANIC

incredible! Where's my towel ....

Don't click here, really, do not ......

(it's a movie trailer, saw it in the cinema when watching "National treasure"; nearly fall out of my chair, caught my very unexpected...)

Rakido
    Last edited by Rakido; 29 November 2004, 08:44.
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Oh YES!

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

yea i saw that too, very cool.

Credited cast:
      Martin Freeman .... Arthur Dent
      Mos Def .... Ford Prefect
      Sam Rockwell .... Zaphod Beeblebrox
      Zooey Deschanel .... Tricia McMillan ("Trillian")
      Bill Nighy .... Slartibartfast

Plot Outline: Mere seconds before the Earth is to be demolished by an alien construction crew, journeyman Arthur Dent is swept off the planet by his friend Ford Prefect, a researcher penning a new edition of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy."
      www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Can't wait
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Have you read the books, liz? If not, do it

AZ

Comment

YES LIZZIE READ THE BOOKS
            even before the dark tower if necessary

Douglas Adams was and is an absolute legend.

Has anyone read the Dirk Gently books of his?

Comment

No, but I've been meaning to. I've also been meaning to read his books in english, haven't gotten around to it yet (they're translated well, fortunately... only the translator changed somewhere between books, when the publisher changed).

AZ

Comment

Little did he know he was a rain god, and all the clouds were trying to do please their god by raining on him...
                Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I've read the dirk gently books but preferred the hitchhiker's guide.
                  dshumake

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
                    Little did he know he was a rain god, and all the clouds were trying to do please their god by raining on him...
                    LOL

Comment

One of the things Ford Prefect had always found hardest to understand about humans was their habit of continuously stating and repeating the very very obvious, as in It's a nice day, or You're very tall, or Oh dear you seem to have fallen down a thirty-foot well, are you all right?

Comment

I've got the TV series on DVD (which ended up being one of those "I remembered it being better" things, ) and The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide, and have heard the either the radio or record version (not sure which it was.) I like the introduction in the book where Douglas Adams points out the extreme inconsistancy between the various versions and books.

Comment

Check the website for news and photos and conceptual art. Adams' hand is apparent all over the place. The conceptual art reminds me of the game "Starship Titanic."

Kevin

Comment

BBC had a TV series of it (years ago), and a radio play...

Jörg
                            pixar
                            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

People of earth your attention please.

The third book has just been broadcast on BBC R4, the 4th and 5th books will be broadcast in the near future.

DNA had a very british style of humour, his books (mainly) were well written and to the point. It will be interesting to see if the film has been watered down to suite the global audience.

The rating will be an interesting issue as well as there is in parts some very adult humour, everything else is harmless, well mostly harmless.

I think'll now go and have a lie down and have nice cup of hot tea.

Breezer
                              Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

Working...
                              X