Data tranfer USB Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data tranfer USB Cable

I am trying to transfer files from Win 98 OS computer to a WinXP OS Computer using a DataLink USB transfer cable.

So far, after numerous attempts and with drivers installed correctly, it has been impossible to do a sucsessfull transfer.

I am begining to suspect that since both operating systems are different (FAT32 - NTFS) it is impeading the correct behavior of the software.

Any help welcomed.

No information has been found on the manufacturer's site.

Debbie
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

I used to have one of those. Never did get it to work reliably, even with the same OS and filesystem on both ends. It would work a little bit, then crash or bluescreen the whole box.

I'm pretty sure the driver caused a complete melt down of W2K on my laptop, requiring a rebuild. It wouldn't even boot in safe mode.

This was about 4 years ago, but it sounds like they haven't improved since then.

You may be better off getting a crossover ethernet cable to connect them...
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

@Debbie: remove win98 disk and insert it into the win xp computer. fastest and surest way to get things transfered. or burn them on cd/dvd or connect them via a _real_ ethernet network.

Comment

I suggest you just try removing the hard disk which contains Windows 98 and slave it onto the PC which has XP on it then copy over the files.

Comment

Working...
        X