hmm what's intel up to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm what's intel up to?

The chip below was for sale on eBay and described as a defective engineering sample.

???????

...isn't that the new dual core thingy ???

cc

Comment

The ebay link is german. It is from an inventory clearance sale and the guy writes he has no idea what kind of a CPU this is (and then goes on to speculate that it must be 2x 3GHz). It is obviously BGA/LGA packaging, and the guy says socket 775.

Nowhere does it say engineering sample or anything, it only says "I can't test it because I have no p4 mainboard, so I'll sell it as defective, buy at your own risk".

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Im sure he's been paid a visit by some guys in black bunnysuits by now. Wonder where they'll dump the body.

Comment

It could be an early Pentium II sample?
          Matrox G4x0 32mb SG RAM DVI

Comment

Looks like it's standing on the foam to me, which implies pins.
            MURC COC Minister of Wierd Confusion (MWC)

Comment

Originally posted by az
              The ebay link is german. It is from an inventory clearance sale and the guy writes he has no idea what kind of a CPU this is (and then goes on to speculate that it must be 2x 3GHz). It is obviously BGA/LGA packaging, and the guy says socket 775.

Nowhere does it say engineering sample or anything, it only says "I can't test it because I have no p4 mainboard, so I'll sell it as defective, buy at your own risk".

AZ
              Loking at the packaging,it's not a PII not PPro. It does look like it's got pins (look at the shadow, it's elevated w/ respect to the plane it's on) but it could very well be some other electronic components that are under the chip.

The black label on top of the chip is where all the intel stuff would be.

Also, it is most probably defective, otherwise you wouldn't see its innards...it looks like somebody chipped away at it with a screwdriver or sth...

Comment

OK, the seller wrote it's socket 775, and he also wrote it has no pins.

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                X