CS:Source who's playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CS:Source who's playing?

Hey, anybody playing CS? I'm tired of playing with the 13-year-old kiddi3z. Any MURCers playing?
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

I never did like CS.
    And it irks me that they bundle it with HL2, as if it makes up for the game not shipping with any multi-player.

But I think Hele plays a little CS:S from time to time...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I play, but like you, I am tired of the idiots. I haven't played since HL2 came out. Let's setup a night we can play and maybe we can get others to join in. How about Monday nights? 8pm PST?
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I could be in for that. That's 11pm EST, correct?
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yep, but now that I say it, 11pm sounds late for people on the east coast. 7pm pst sounds better but I may not be home from work yet. You guys could start without me and I could join in later?
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I won't be home that early on a Monday.

We need a place to play though, then we can just meet there.
            Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

If it wasn't for Steam.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how to run a dedicated server. It's not as simple as any of the UT games.

Comment

CS: Source dedicated server tutorial:

Source Dedicated Server (srcds) resource website. srcds is widely used for games fueled by the Source engine.
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Been there, seen that. It's just not like going to the help you get at http://www.unrealadmin.org/

Comment

Well, I got my server up and running for a while. If I can do it, anyone can

Too bad my upstream speed is only good for about 6-8 players.

Comment

I wasn't say its dificult. Do you know what ports the game uses?
                        I have a router have to port forward & haven't found the neccessary info yet.

Comment

I think port 27015 is all you need.

Comment

Yup, that's the only port the server uses.

Comment

Working...
                            X