• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Black Friday" shopping....

$19.99 DVD players at Sears?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

the most shopping i did today was for a movie ticket. and i took my brother out to dinner after he drove me back to the east coast.
    www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

ditto on the movie ticket. Saw Christmas at the Kranks. it was pretty good. I didn't see any sort of bargins that acctually made me want to spend money though.
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

i saw National Treasure against my will.

I WOULD RATHER have seen Alexander.
        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

No you wouldn't

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

National Treasure that bad? damn, it was my first choice but was sold out
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

was it bad? :/
              www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Re: "Black Friday" shopping....

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                $19.99 DVD players at Sears?

Dr. Mordrid
                Great.. those players should work for about a week.

Comment

Wonder what archaeologists of the future will think of us when they dig our fossilized bones out from under the layers upon layers of Chinese plastic junk.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizzard[MPE]
                    was it bad? :/
                    More like "Alexander the Mediocre", and the "Mediocre" is a stretch.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I went out and did some shopping today, and I can say that I was actually dissapointed in the sales. Supposedly stores had good bargains today also, but the best deal I found was in a department store for some clothes that were 30% off then another 15%, and some dishes and kitchen stuff at 50% off. The electronic stores only had a couple bargains on stuff like crappy small TVs or a no-name digital camera. The rest of the stuff was close to full price, especially DVD movies, which were a ripoff.

Comment

A good bargain to me implies something which has some lasting value and was made with devotion to craft. You can't find that sort of bargain anymore.

Comment

I hate Black Friday. After my wife got done at Lowe's my wallet was black and voidless.
                          “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                          –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
                            A good bargain to me implies something which has some lasting value and was made with devotion to craft. You can't find that sort of bargain anymore.
                            Heh, especially with 'Made in China' stickers on everything.

Comment

Not that Chinese people necessarily make poor goods. It's the greed of megacorps that think cheap volume is everything that's the culprit.

Comment

Working...
                              X