X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• name that game v2

ok,

you guys were great last time.

Let's see if you can figure out this game.

It was a futuristic motorcycle style game with an actual motorcycle like controller (similar to hang on) that you would sit down on.

It used, IIRC, basic polygonal graphics. You drove your cycle in races through tracks, many of which were tubes or half pipes and you had to use g-force and tilting to your advantage to climb up the side of the pipe while maintaining speed. It had (as many cart style games have now) areas on the track that would give you a speed boost. I don't recal if there were any shields or weapons.

I have a funny feeling the game was by Atari.

Any takers?
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

If this is the one I'm thinking of (which I also can't remember the name of ), then it came out around 1982 or so, you sit on a motorcycle seat-like thing, and lean into the curves and such. I think you had missiles and lasers, but I'm not positive.

I'm not sure it was Atari.

I've tried Googling a bit, but came up empty so far.

- Steve

- Steve

Comment

Sounds like you might be on to something...

'82? I didn't think it was that old. But I guess it's possible.

I remember playing it in late 80s at the video game arcade at the CN Tower.

Anybody else?

Comment

Perhaps Star Rider

Comment

Wow, that looks really interesting, but it's not it.

The tracks are all flat. Whereas the tracks were mainly piped in the game I'm thinking of.

But I have to say it's incredible how imaginative some of the arcade games used to be before there were "genres" to arbitrarily classify each game.

Comment

I think I know the game yer talkin about. The cycle in the sit-down version was always a red, almost tron-like lookin ride. The pipes/1/2pipes had pac-manish 3-d dots along the way that helped keep up your speed....
            I'm just blanking out on the name....
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Yep, you got it. Now we just need a name.

Comment

Heh - was playing this the other day

It was called S.T.U.N Runner.
                S.T.U.N. Runner is a Videogame by Atari Games (circa 1989). You are a S.T.U.N. Runner doing time trials. Shoot or avoid other vehicles that hinder you while driving the optimal path for best speed. The Shockwave will des

That was very freaky, it was in fact the last game I played in Mame - opened Mame and it was selected
                Last edited by Rob(QG); 27 November 2004, 02:09.

Comment

You've done it again!

Thanks!

Ahh... the memories!

Comment

I actually preferred Road Blasters - I think S.T.U.N Runner was the sequel to it.
                    Road Blasters was sprites, though, not vectors.

Comment

I like 'em both.

Comment

Working...
                      X