Happy Thanksgiving.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving.

We truely do have alot to be thankful for.

Now for alittle Thanksgiving humor.

The turkey shot out of the oven and rocketed into the air, it knocked every plate off the table and partly demolished a chair.

It ricocheted into a corner and burst with a deafening boom, then splattered all over the kitchen, completely obscuring the room.

It stuck to the walls and the windows, it totally coated the floor, there was turkey attached to the ceiling, where there'd never been turkey before.

It blanketed every appliance, It smeared every saucer and bowl, there wasn't a way I could stop it, that turkey was out of control.

I scraped and I scrubbed with displeasure, and thought with chagrin as I mopped, that I'd never again stuff a turkey with popcorn that hadn't been popped!
    Joel
    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Hope you guys enjoy it!
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Comment

gobblegobblegobble
          Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Comment

Todays menu:

24 lb naturally raised turkey w/white sherry injected into the meat
              fresh yams (candied w/raw brown sugar and natural butter)
              mashed potatos w/peppercorn ranch dressing mixed in instead of butter
              home made green bean casserole w/thick sliced peppered bacon on top
              home made cornbread stuffing
              home made cranberry sauce
              home made turkey gravy
              home made country style buttermilk rolls
              home made pumpkin and mincemeat pies
              home made vanilla ice cream (natural vanilla and lots of it)
              home made chocolate/walnut brownies

Corona beer for later

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 25 November 2004, 14:08.
              Dr. Mordrid
              ----------------------------
              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Enjoy..

Corona is about the only beer I can drink on a full stomach .

Comment

I've got 3 23lb turkeys in my smoker right now. I was going to rotisserie 2 of them, but my motor took a dump. :sad:

Comment

Here in Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving Day a month earlier (October 11th), probably because our growing season is shorter up here.

I just came back from a driving trip down to southern California where it seemed like late spring or early summer there (compared to Vancouver BC) with temperatures in the low 70's. It was a real surprise to me then when we visited friends in the Napa Valley (wine country in California) on the way back last Tuesday (November 23rd) to discover that they had their Christmas tree up and decorated already! Apparently it’s rather common in the States to have the Christmas tree up in time for Thanksgiving. After being in the sun and getting tanned in San Diego for several days it just seemed too weird.

Further in regards to the subject of this thread, I also want to add that most of us (who participate in these forums) have much to be thankful for. The fact that we can afford to buy computers and can spend hours and hours messing about with them demonstrates that we’re much better off than a huge part of the world. We’re very, very fortunate.

Comment

First year I "celebrated" without the traditional turkey (or traditional anything for that matter). First year I got to celebrate twice.

But after 25 previous Thanksgivings I'm not too fussed
                      “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
                        gobblegobblegobble
                        Been ther, done that.
                        Can't breath.....
                        chuck
                        Chuck
                        秋音的爸爸

Comment

watz thanksgiving?