Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One word for HL2... (no spoilers)

WOW!

I am simply blown away. The last half of the game simply blows away anything out there. I just finished and it took me 17 hours(according to xfire).

A lot of people complained the game is too short, but I thought it was perfect. Farcry was way too long, took me 50+ hours to finish that game.
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

At City17 now so I guess I've not got long left.
    I agree, this is by far the most impressive game i've played.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Agree with both of you. Best game and I think the length was spot on. Too many games I've played I've just got bored with thinking "I'll never finish this" so have stopped playing. And some it's like "is that all?" but this was just right.
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Yep,but i still have that strange feeling that Valve cut the story into two parts.
        Finished the game but i still have no clue what was really going on.Too many questions are still unanswered.
        ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Originally posted by Faramir1966
          Yep,but i still have that strange feeling that Valve cut the story into two parts.
          Finished the game but i still have no clue what was really going on.Too many questions are still unanswered.
          Probably on purpose to make more money since HL2 cost them tens of millions of dollars. I guess we have to wait until HL3 to fill in the storyline.
          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

I've not had much time to play so I'm still quite near the start ...
            It's really good ...

I see in the description for the latest patch .....

Next week we will be releasing the Source SDK, along with a surprise for the community
            I wonder what the surprise could be .... ?
            My Systems :
            Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
            480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
            Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

RSN?
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                RSN?
                Here's hoping!
                Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Please excuse my ignorance ... but what is RSM ?
                  My Systems :
                  Athlon 64 FX-55, 580W-Tagan SLi, Asus A8N SLi Deluxe, 2 x 74Gb WD Raptor 10K RPM RAID, 2 GB Corsair TwinX-XL, 2 x 512Mb PCI-E GF7800GTX SLI, SB Audigy2, Dell 2405FPW.

P4 3.2GHz - ABIT IC7-G – Matrox Parhelia 128 8x AGP - 2GB 3200 DDR
                  480W Whisper Quiet PS - 2 x 160 GB HD - 3 x 19” Viewsonic TFT’s 3840x1024
                  Surround Gaming - The way it's meant to be played

Comment

Now You will get load of posts as following:
                    RSN - Render Subject Nude. A hidden feature of the G550 (but casting).
                    Core 2 Duo@2.33GHz, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, running SuSE11.2
                    G550 at work, G400 and Mystique collecting dust

Comment

DoD: Source most likely.

Can't wait for full SDK
                      Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                      Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Superb game - Just completed on the middle difficulty.
                        Fairly easy - I will re-try at hard, but after a hardware upgrade.

The only downside has to be the story.... It felt as if the game just got started when it ended.... The length was just right, but I had little idea what was going on...

I guess I'll have to wait for HL3

Comment

Working...
                        X