DVD woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD woes

I recently purchased a SATA DVD Burner. As some of you know, I recently got back from Hawaii and wanted to burn a slideshow to DVD and send a few copies out. Well, I have tried 3 programs and all 3 have problems during the burning phase.

3 programs are: Cyberlink EZProducer, Microsoft MovieMaker, and Ulead PictureShow.

Cyberlink tells me their is a problem after it gets everythign in order and right as it is going to start to burn, it complains of a problem and posts possible solutions.

MovieMaker hangs

Ulead PS: When I select the DVD burner as the destination drive, it hangs.

Specs are in sig.

Latest BIOS for my mobo
    Latest Firmware for my DVD burner
    Latest Hyperion drivers
    Running Cat4.10's.

I am not overclocking.

I have tried to kill eveyrthing off that is running in the background.

If anyone can suggest some ideas, I would be grateful

Thanks,
    Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Try Nero? At least for its compatability tests.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I've burned DVD's before with Nero and Cyberlink's PowerDirector. And I burned a small DVD last night just to make sure it works, so it definitely works in some situations.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

What burner did you get? I've been hearing about some problems with SATA burners not working correctly or getting stuck in pio mode with various sata controlers and chipsets.

Comment

Plextor 712SA

Comment

btw, I can't see where I can change dma/pio mode? It used to be under device manager. Where'd it go? BIOS setting?

Comment

As I recall, that burner has issues, unless you run it on Intel SATA...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

hmmm...you got a link to the problems?

BTW, I'm gonna call Plextor tomorrow and see what they say since I am still on vacation

Comment

Yo Dave,

first off, check out if your firmware is v1.05

and if your mainboard is officially supported, cos this list

doesn't seem to have an entry for your A8V ...

secondly, did the authored file structure work in a software player on your PC ?

lastly, I wholeheartedly recommend to use DVD Lab for authoring

they offer full functional evaluation version of their non-pro and pro releases.
                  Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                  Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                  be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                  4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                  2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                  OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                  4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                  Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                  Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                  LG BH10LS38
                  LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

Hi Maggi

Thanks for the help. Yes, I have firware 1.05.

I just got off the phone with Plextor. He had me install EZ CDcreator(that comes with the drive) and use the DVD builder software and it worked like a champ Go figure. So even though it didn't work with 5 other programs it works with their software. That sucks because now i am back to the start again.

I checked out DVD lab pro and it is very nice. I ran into two limitations. You can't import MP3 audio files and there is a 99 picture limit per chapter. I haven't tried to burn with it yet. I'll try later when I am not so burnt out on trying to fix this problem I could just use DVD Builder but it is so simple, it doesn't have the feature set I want. Thanks everyone!

Comment

Working...
                    X