Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official Halo 2 thread

So who's playing? Who's finished?

From what I can tell I'm about 3/4 done. It took me a little while to get into it. I definitely got into Halo 1 much quicker. I think the level design is a little confusing at times (I've been lost a few times). And there are still too many indoor levels that feel like the same layout over and over. And what's with the level design anyway? Who designs a space ship/station/military installation with so may angled pillars protruding from the middle of what are ostensibly high traffic walkways?

The shotgun/sword is my favorite weapon on levels that are heavy with the flood. Having three weapons would be sweet. Adding a beam rifle to the above combo would prepare you for just about anything. But I guess that's one of the compelling features of the game; needing to choose which weapons to take into any given situation.

The new alien rifle (carbonite?) is pretty kick ass. And dual wielding is cool with needlers. The SMC is just as useless as ever. Dual wielding just makes it that much less accurate.

I think the AI is much improved. Your sqadmates can be really helpful now. Although I wish there was a way to give them some basic commands. I find that they're all too aggressive and will blindly charge into situations that are designed to wipe out a direct attack.
    Last edited by schmosef; 21 November 2004, 22:38.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

finished it last monday. pretty fun - I in general enjoyed it more than Halo. while it gets repetative, it's not Halo repetative. the atmosphere in the level design definately helps. that being said, I found it kinda difficult to tell where I was in the game while playing it - the plot, while kinda neat, seemed to skip around a bit and leave out details.

dual wielding is pretty cool - i found the ability to stagger fire between the two almost invaluable. the SMG does have its uses, particularly against the flood. acctually, the human weapons in general seemed to work really well against the flood. i love the battle rifle but it seems waaayyy too weak and the fact it is only 3 round burst kinda bothers me since you can only have a total of 144 rounds including whats in the rifle. the sword kicks ass. i love jumping into the middle of things and tearing things up.

dunno, overall it's pretty enjoyable. for the single player I wish I had just rented it - it was good, but short enough that it bothers me a little. the multiplayer is pretty fun though.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I've heard a lot of complaints about it being too short. And there being a really annoying cliff hanger at the end. It would have been a neat idea for more single player levels to be unlockable through some sort of online play (like taking part in a big online battle as part of the story line). Or maybe making part of the game unlockable after a certain date as a way to artificially increase play time. It would be simply amazing if they did what Team Ninja did with Ninja Gaiden and released an update that drastically changed the single player game to make it worth playing through again.

Comment

I like it.. I'm sure that I am pretty near the end, although I have stopped playing it now that HL2 is out.

I'll play some Coop soon...
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

You are playing it on X-Box right?
          ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

I wouldn't play it on anything else...
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

How could you play Halo 2 on anything other than an XBox?

Comment

How could you play any FPS on a console? The controls are so horrible.

btw, this thread should be moved to MURC Gaming.
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Actually the control in Halo 2 isn't too bad once you get used to it.

I put the thread here instead of MURC Gaming because I thought that forum was for Matrox related gaming.

Comment

It was when it was Matrox Gaming...

I find the control for Halo very... unresponsive... I dont mind it on the xbox, but it would bug the hell out of me on the PC.

Comment

Hehe.....well,i just cant get used to joypads.
                      I hope the PC version wont take too long.
                      ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

The joypads take some getting used to, but it can be done. not anywhere near as good as I would be on a PC, but it doesn't detract from the gameplay much.
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Yep

Comment

I find the character movement very cumbersome... I am prepared ti put it down to the joypad, but I know that it would bug the hell out of me on the PC (as Halo1 did)

Comment

I have to admit that it didn't feel totally comfortable to me at first but I blamed it on my new Logitech cordless controller. It's has a controller-s layout and I am one of the few who liked the older, more spread out design. Funny because I don't have big hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X