Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giga zoom

WOW!! That is impressive. apparently source image is 7.5gb

Zoom in on the bus to the right of centre... it's got rather an "interesting" rear end...
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Lol guess they coudn't find a camera wiht enough pixels.

Comment

You mean the one merged with the black car with license plate # KL-5V-70?

Amazing, though.. just awesome. Remember the scene in Blade Runner where Deckard zooms into a pic WAY more than you think possible? This makes me think it might just be possible.

Comment

This is just a HUGE panorama. Very impressive, though. I remember one guy doing this in a church or something, forgot the link though

AZ
          There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the camera used for this was a Nikon D2h. They used 600 pictures to make a 2.5 Gigapixel image.
            TNO bericht dat ze 's werelds grootste digitale panorama foto gemaakt hebben. De foto telt maar liefst 2,5 miljard pixels en is daarmee een factor 500 groter dan een 5 megapixel kiekje uit een standaard moderne digitale camera.

(in Dutch)

There are some downsides to making such a panorama: different clocks show different times, there is a head without a person below it, ...

IIRC, the previous largest panorama was one of the Grand Canyon (will try to find the link).

Jörg
            pixar
            Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Working...
            X