• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TMPGEnc 12-D released....

http://www.tmpgenc.com

Changes;

Version : Beta12d. 2001/03/01

Less strict error check on audio compression part of AVI, WAV output.

Fixed problem : Memory access error occured when MPEG-Video is encoded with multi-thread enabled.

Fixed problem : When using external encoder, produced WAV file was not removed.

Add "Finish encoding after this encoding process." to abort batch encoding.

Fixed problem : For mcf file, unused "MPEG.Video.TopFieldFirst" was produced.

TMPGEnc does not load JPEG file into RAM completely any more, thus TMPGenc does not freeze when large MPEG file or Type-1 DV file was opend.

Add "Disables cache by Operating system to access file(s)". This can be selected at Enviromental setting. This prevents NT OS from increasing system cache.

Add magnifying glass for custome color correction and Ghost erace.

Dr. Mordrid

How do you guys decide which version to go with?
    I see many people talking about going back to TMPGEnc 12a for different reasons.

If I decide to up to 12d, it will update my 12a right?

I had a problem with loading a 1.7gb avi made with AVI_IO, PicVideo MJPEG, 352x240 @ quality=20. Could this be due to the size and if so, do you think this version might help?

Thanks again

kleinbull

Comment

I wonder if they fixed the problem of 2 pictures on the screen with PAL SVCD??

Will download and try it.

paulw

Comment

I'm sticking with 12a. I had problems frameserving with 12c. Haven't tried 12d yet...

Dr. Mordrid

Comment

I have 12a and 12c 'installed' on my system in different folders. No problems encountered so far - I even use a common set of modified templates.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by kleinbull:

If I decide to up to 12d, it will update my 12a right?

kleinbull
          </font>
          Phil
          AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

I like the sound of this 12d. Right now I have TMPGEnc beta 12 which I guess must be about the same as 12a. I just have not had time to keep up with all the updates. Anyway, what 12d fixes might be related to what I experienced recently with TMPGEnc.

I tried to make SVCD mpg out of a large 1GB+ 720x480 24bit AVI which is from DV made with Canopus codec. The encoding effort starts out looking good but TMPGEnc bogs down about 5 minutes into the process (at the same point in the clip each time I try) and the system goes beserk and crashes. I have used TMPGEnc successfully to make VCD-type mpeg out of the same file so the file is okay, so maybe I'll give 12d a look.

------------------------------------------
            Win98SE|ASUS P3B-F|P-III 450|128MB PC-100 ECC|Matrox G200TV|Promise Ultra 66 PCI|18GB WD boot|30GB Maxtor DiamondMax|SBLive|Canopus EZDV|Canon Elura

Comment

Hmmmm. I still get a slip screen effect with 12d. Both PAL and NTSC SVCD. I get perfect results with 12a. I am using a Pioneer DV535 player. It works fine if the same clip is encoded as VCD.

Any one else have this problem??
              paulw

Comment

Is there some kind of walkthrough or tutorial for TMPG Enc? I know, I should have the Japanese language font on my PC (being a Japanese Language minor and all), but even so I don't think my Japanese is that good. Please help...

Comment

Working...
                X