Favourite HL2 moments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite HL2 moments?

I wouldn't like to do this too often, but when you accidentally strike a red barrel with your crowbar...vision fades and all you can hear is a ringing in your ears...sound eventually returns and your suit is saying something about administering morphine

Or the way a dying body on the edge of a drop will crumple, fall and hang precariously on the edge for a few seconds before falling into a twisted heap on the ground way below.

I like this engine
    FT.

I'm gonna pick it up tonight so don't give too much away
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

I had an incendient where I threw a grenade into a room and it went off and a guy came flying out of the door way from the explosion!

I'm getting towards the end of the game and I have say the one weapon you get has to be one of the best FPS weapons ever

Overall its a very solid squel to HL
      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

My fav moment of the HL2 experience?

Finding that the retail package I purchased was so cheap that they couldn't even include any type of manual or docs, aside from a single quick ref card?
        Nah.
        Perhaps finding out that I would be required to intall some 3rd party crapware to 'activate' the game on-line?
        No.
        Maybe it was when that crapware failed during release day, and nobody could play the game for the first 18 hours....?
        Nah.
        Could it be when I learned that the game came with NO MULTIPLAYER included on release?
        There ya go! That's the one!

I will admit that the Source engine is great. We should see many good games spawned from this engine. I've had fun with the SP part of the game, though it doesn't seem to inspire the same feelings of immersion that the original HL did.
        But IMO the whole Steam thing is a Steaming pile of crap.
        And the ommission of MP (aside from CS:S, which doesn't count in my book) is pathetic.

As Triumph would say...Valve is a great software company...FOR ME TO POOP ON!
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Kruzin - I was playing long before that!
          I was on the half-life2.net forums watching the countdown.
          I activated the game one minute post release, and was playing eight minutes later!

My fav moment???

Clipping the barrels is a good one....
          Walking off the train at the very begining and admiring the textures on the wall?

Gravity gun + Circular saw blade

Who played HL multiplayer??? CS was loads better!
          I'm happy with the whole package, although I really would prefer to opt out of steam.
          The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I played HL MP extensively, and TFC to the point of addiction. Never liked CS.
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

I'm with Kruzin, steam is the only reason I won't buy or even play Half Life 2.

- When on buys a product you have the right to use it for the life of the product, and not for as long steam exists, or valve gives you the right to play it.
              - I don't want to give up my personal information to play a singleplayer of even multiplayer game.
              - It's even not properly indicated that you even need steam installed to play an single player game, I guess that if they would have made it clear that they would have lost a lot of sales (including me), I even know two persons with an ATI coupon that won't install the game because of steam.
              - Steam also excludes a lot of PC gamers that don't have an internet connection, you shouldn't have to be online to play a game (singleplayer Half Life 2) unless it's designed for online play (multiplayer. etc).

I can go on and on, but the conclusion is just that steam sucks in my opinion and others. Sorry to take the thread off topic.
              Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
              Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
              Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Well, got it on Friday as promised. Great game. In fact so far (and I'm not sure how far I'm through) the best I've played I reckon. The pacing is just so spot on.

KeiFront - you're missing out

Best moment so far? Hmmm not sure. Probably thinking once I'd installed it "I'll just have a quick look to see what it's like and then have my pudding" and ending up 4 hours later still playing

And the manipulation of scenery is great. In fact chucking radiators at zombies might well be one of the best moments so far...

Comment

Well there is a hidden multiplayer DM mode in HL2 , You start HL2 up with a console and then start a listen sever or something like that... There are only 2 -3 maps but their will be more.

I have even seen some people got a cooperative game up and running as well(the other player disapperas when you get in the buggy but apart form that it works well)

Well for me the main multiplayer part will be DOD:S, but the hedden deathmatch one should be good if you get gravity guns

So automated delivery of patches and not needing CD's to play the game are not good side effects of using Steam?

Initialy I did hate steam, but now I find it plain convient... No chaseing up maps or patches or packs, not having to have the CD's, being able to a complete install on any machine with out disks simply using name and password(slowly..but still)

Avoiding Half Life 2 just because of steam is a waste of a good game.

Painting zombies, gravity gunning man hacks and mines can be quite a bit of fun as well

Comment

The game is good enough to justify dealing with Steam, no doubt.
                    But I'd still preffer it without...

And I sure hope that MP is available by the time I finish SP (about 1/2 through it now)

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
                      Painting zombies
                      Yeah I LOVED that - threw a can of paint at a zombie and bingo - white zombie! Really nice touch.

Comment

My favourite HL2 moment happens regualry. The mouse goes funny and the view spins round crazily for bout 1sec , and i end up pointing in a direction i didnt intend.

I have an optical usb mouse. Then everything is fine for a while.

Comment

My favorite moment was just a few minutes ago when reading about Valve's Steam banning spree over on the Rage3D forums, when I found out that most of the "regulars" are mindless slaves of the software industry.

They seem to be unable to understand the meaning of the term "copyright violation," and stand firm in their belief that software piracy (which is itself a bit of a misnomer) is the same as theft. It seems they've forgotten that copyright violation is also illegal and can carry a significant penalty if you are caught, and are apparently incapable of understanding the difference between taking someone's property away from them and making duplicates of that property.

Clearly there can be situations where copyright violation would be far worse than theft. For example, someone who illegally obtains detailed specifications of ATI's video hardware and attempts to sell it to nVidia or other entities would be guilty of a rather severe crime. And yet, someone who breaks into what happens to be an ATI engineers house and steals some computer equipment that just happens to have the same data and sells the stuff to a pawn shop or whatever would be guilty of a significantly less severe (although hardly insignificant) crime, and would be unlikely to make the news. You could say it's just a technicality, but that's what the law is about.

I'll download a demo of HL-2 if they ever release one, but from what I've read I doubt I'll get the game because it just doesn't sound all that great. I suppose in the companies eyes that probably makes me just about as bad as someone who "pirated" the game, oh well.

Comment

banning spree?
                            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

apparently they banned a cd-key, that was used by lots of people

http://www.steampowered.com/forums/s...hreadid=184810
                              "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Working...
                              X