HL2 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL2 Problems

Well this is what I'm getting in HL2 with the Cat 4.11 and 4.12 Betas...any ideas if its the drivers or my card giving up the ghost? The game is great so far, just that its annoying playing with these artificats.

Forgot to mention that I've been also getting VPU recoverly errors while running the game.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by GT98; 16 November 2004, 21:56.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Another
    Attached Files

Comment

Yet another...
      Attached Files

Comment

The last one
        Attached Files

Comment

I'm running the older Omega 2.5.76 (Cat 4.9) drivers on my 9800Pro, and it's running great. No issues at all.
          Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Defintely worth uninstalling all your ati stuff (controlpanel and then driver) and then using the ATI unistall utilty to clean it out before rebooting and installing 4.12b

Me I just upgraded from 4.11 to 4.12b with no issues....but I have done driver cleanouts regularly in the past.

Also I have heard that disabling Catalyst AI may help ..

And as a last resort try disabling AA to see if that make a differnce...

Als0 I take it your NOT OCing to much?

Comment

I am using 4.11 on a softmodded 9800se - works fine with no texture errors
              The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
                Defintely worth uninstalling all your ati stuff (controlpanel and then driver) and then using the ATI unistall utilty to clean it out before rebooting and installing 4.12b

Me I just upgraded from 4.11 to 4.12b with no issues....but I have done driver cleanouts regularly in the past.

Also I have heard that disabling Catalyst AI may help ..

And as a last resort try disabling AA to see if that make a differnce...

Als0 I take it your NOT OCing to much?
                Well I ran driver cleaner last night before I put in 4.12B drivers and I'm not overclocking my CPU or Video card. Some other people on Rage3D are having the same issues.

The other bazzar thing I've noticed is that the texture problems go away some times when you load another level! I would coming to a check point and get some artificats and then hit the load check point and at the end of the load the texture problems dissapear!

Comment

Could try setting texture quality to medium an see if that helps?

Comment

Also, try changing the filtering method. Maybe a lower AF setting, or trilinear...
                    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Here is a link to a age of links which contains same forums where some offical ATI dudes are trying to work out and fix the problems

Comment

Just running through the troubleshooting checklist, have you checked to see that your 9700 heatsink fan is actually spinning?

Comment

Re: HL2 Problems

Originally posted by GT98
                          Well this is what I'm getting in HL2 with the Cat 4.11 and 4.12 Betas...any ideas if its the drivers or my card giving up the ghost? The game is great so far, just that its annoying playing with these artificats.

Forgot to mention that I've been also getting VPU recoverly errors while running the game.
                          from your screenshots it looks as if your gfx card memory, respectively the mem-controller is running too fast ...

clock it back a few MHz and see if you still see those "drop outs"
                          Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                          Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                          be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                          4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                          2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                          OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                          4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                          Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                          Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                          LG BH10LS38
                          LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

[qoute]Could try setting texture quality to medium an see if that helps?[/quote]

I tried that and it helped for the most part. I started getting problems again after running the game for like 3-4 hours straight last night with the interior texture of the buildings getting screwed up

Whats the name of the program that lets you check your clocks on your video card memory? I forget what its called again

Comment

Powerstrip ?

Kênh bóng đá trực tuyến Xoilac365.tv✅ nguồn link trực tiếp bóng đá Xoilac TV full HD. Phát sóng trực tuyến Xôi Lạc TV tructiepbongda chất lượng cao.
                              Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                              MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                              Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                              Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Working...
                              X