Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanna buy a handheld for Christmad and don't know which one ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna buy a handheld for Christmad and don't know which one ?

.. then head over to http://www.brighthand.com/ and select "Advisor" on the left navigation.

Looks very useful with lots of general and specific questions about your preferences and what you would like to have in a PDa.

You'll get five recommendations at the end.

Rakido
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

I think the choice for a handheld has never been harder than at this moment...they're all so damn flawed one way or another.

An HP hx4700 is like a brick in your pocket while HP's other PDAs offer no innovation and cost too much.

Availability for Dell in retail channels is pretty crap (at least in this part of the world) and where you do find it, it's at an uncompetitive price.

Palm's Tungsten T5 is a joke and considering the price deduction on the T3 is much less of a worthy purchase than it, even though the T3 has been on the market for a loooong time.

On the smartphone front, HP's 63xx is big, ugly and expensive for what it can do, the Treo650 will only be available in the US for awhile to come and the XDA/MDAIII costs more than 2 handhelds or a very capable handheld and a phone, which combined can do more than it. Same goes for the P910, which adds Sony standards to the mix, just to make sure that you'll not only pay an arm and a leg on the device, but also on any accessories for it.

In my view, feature-wise the Tapwave Zodiac2 is an excellent machine, it's price-point is also very competitive and combined with a Bluetooth phone it could offer the best of all worlds. Since that is the case, why the hell did they have to make it look like a bloody GameGear?????? I refuse to believe that such a handheld, even with its advanced gaming capabilities, could be aimed only at the youth/hardcore gamer market.

I'd like to get a new phone, my T68i is pretty dated by now and I would like an integrated camera, a better screen, memory-card support and EDGE. The only phone that fulfills those reqs is the Nokia 6230, which unfortunately has a disgrace of a screen and the Series40 menu system, which is very much obsolete by now.

I dunno about you guys, but 2004 has been a pretty baaad year for mobility...no innovation, just higher prices and in some cases (like the T5), features have even been removed.
    All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Now where have I seen that advisor before...

I know!

(it is a very interesting one which does deserver its own thread)

I'm still in doubt, but I think I'll go for a simple smartphone (Nokia 6260), that way, I won't have spent too much, leaving the door open for non-long term upgrades.

Jörg
      pixar
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

When I first saw the pics of the Tungsten T5 I was like "I gotta buy that one!!!" then I read the specs and thought "blehh" and finaly I saw the price and almost screamed "ARGHHHHH!"
        If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
        X