Windows XP MCE2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows XP MCE2005

I'm considering building a HTPC around a G400 and XP MCE2005. Anyone here doing the same who would like to share their experience?

I don't think that's a good idea. Afaik, MCE2005 leans heavily on VMR9 which the G400 either doesn't support or is far too slow to support in a meaningfull way.
    DVDMAX also only works with overlay.

Go for an application that can do most of the stuff MCE can, but which uses overlay surfaces.

Comment

Good point; well made!

I was pretty well dead-set on MCE as it had all the features I wanted: twin DVB-T support with EPG, series-link, Audio, Pictures, etc. Can you point me in the right direction for media centre software that has similar features but uses overlays instead, and is fully operable using a remote? The box I'm building will go in my AV rack and is to replace a set top box/PVR/wireless media player.

Comment

Could he not use the G400 for the display and have a seperate PCI card (ie ATI's E-Home TV Tuner) to handle the video duties? Of course you could probably just check MS's MCE web site for their hardware compatibilty list and see if the G400 will even work.
        Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
        MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
        Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
        Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Working...
        X