Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those of you that use it AVG7 Free Edition is out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those of you that use it AVG7 Free Edition is out.

Not sure I want to switch to 7.0...

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt
      Not sure I want to switch to 7.0...
      well support for the 6.0 is coming to an end so unless you plan to use another antivirus software you'll be forced to update to the 7. 0 version.

Comment

We use AVG 7 at work, it's updates sometimes require a restart which is gay.

Other than that it is pretty good and doesent hog the system too much.

Comment

I really like the Pro version of 7, used to use Norton 2003, it had major issues with some emails.

Comment

Damn, too late I also found out today that they released a new version (and I never check for this stuff... my friend needed me to help install stuff on his comp...)

Comment

Originally posted by ayoub_ibrahim
              well support for the 6.0 is coming to an end so unless you plan to use another antivirus software you'll be forced to update to the 7. 0 version.
              Yes, I saw that too.

I just installed it. You still have more settings to change than on the v6.0 but you don't need to register to get the activation key via e-mail anymore (a GOOD thing).

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
                We use AVG 7 at work, it's updates sometimes require a restart which is gay.

Other than that it is pretty good and doesent hog the system too much.
                I've been "burnt" by the v 7.0 already thank you. I installed it at a customers' premices almost the day it was released (couldn't buy the v6.0 then anywmore). Let's just say it was relased a bit early. AVGAdmin is also much better now, as well as TCP sever. Overall it's getting better, I just won't buy AVG 8.0 when it comes out -at least for corporate accounts, I'll wait "long enough".

Comment

Working...
                X