Matrox G400 Dual Head Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrox G400 Dual Head Question

Have gotten hold of a old G400, have alot of it figured out. But, in clone monitor mode, when I play an mpeg file when the computer is connected to the TV, I loose all mouse functions. DVD's do not play at all. There is nothing connected to monitor 1, just the clone output from monitor 2 is connected to the TV. It all worked when I had both the TV and the PC monitor connected in my workroom. Fantastic image quality, it seems to be better than anything out there today. What am I getting wrong?
    ses

Try disabling DVDMax.
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Hey Kruzin,
      Thanks for your reply. It almost worked, you may be on to something. I got the use of my mouse, but when I played mpeg files, I only got audio, no video. As far as DVD's are concerned, at least the DVD player program started, but I got no video or audio.
      Good night from Sweden, all ideas are welcome, talk to you tomorrow!
      ses

Comment

DVDMax defaults to the 2nd head. So if your clone is to your TV, the DVDMax overrides the Clone on the TV.
        Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
        MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
        Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
        Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Hello MMP121,
          I get that now. When I hooked up the HTPC in the work room again, I turned off DVDMax and ran the monitor through both outputs. Using only the computer monitor, I had full mouse functions in output 1, but from the TV(2) output, I still only get audio, no video. From the monitor output(1), I got both audio & video. That can't be normal, can it?
          Is there a way to get the Task Bar visable with DVDMax on?
          ses

Comment

Working...
          X