Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-Year-Old Girl Suspended For 'Dangerous' Cartwheels At School

I can NOT believe this...

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

Administrators at the school said they were concerned about safety of their students.

They said gymnastics on the playground creates an unsafe situation.
    What's next to go? Playing duck duck goose? Sheesh...

Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Serves her right! It's clear they asked her multiple times to quit and she didn't, IMHO she should have been punished more severely... she was obviously interfering with the process of manufacturing proper mind-numbed consumerist automatons at the education factory.

Comment

Sadly this is becuase of the "lets sue" mentalilty that plagues America and is growing in this country.
      Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Something is severely ****ed up when stuff like that happens or police taser gun a six-year-old.

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Did you read the articles on that 6 year old?

The kid had a large shard of broken glass in his hand, had already intentionally cut himself and was threatening others. In short he was exhibiting psychotic behavior. Even children in such a condition can be quite dangerous.

You have no idea what mentally unbalanced kids are capable of. Unfortunately my wife and I do.

She has to deal with 'em every day at work, and some of them are really out there. A couple of weeks ago one of their 10 year olds went off bigtime and it took 4 cops to wrestle him down, with one of them suffering a broken arm.

What with many kids being physically abused, and likely being hit in the head, who knows how many are exhibiting violent behaviors in school because of it?

Feel sorry for them I do, but in such a state the safety of others also has to be considered.

Then there is our middle son. He sustained a head injury as a 15 year old (run down by a speeding pickup truck & was lucky to live). He was quite unstable for months after his physical recovery, sometimes violently so.

Fortunately he recovered with just a minor learning disability, but more than once I had to take physical actions to protect my family from him. I didn't like it, but it had to be done. Same goes for the situation with the 6 year old.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 November 2004, 19:28.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Yes, but he was six and not ten or fifteen (nearly twice or triple the age).

AZ

Comment

I don't see why they could not have rushed the 6 year old and gotten a hold of each hand, and removed the glass. Seems safer than tazing him.
              Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
              MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
              Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
              Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Originally posted by az

AZ
                Deal with one and then comment. They can seem super human at times, yeas even a 6 year old. With a weapon and intention a small child can still harm others or themselves.

Jeff
                Last edited by Duty; 14 November 2004, 00:34.
                -We stop learning when We die, and some
                people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Why don't I hear this from other countries, then? Our kids not strong enough?

AZ

Comment

Dare I say it, but the thread's gone off-topic. If we want to argue about the tazer kid start a new thread, this one was about a fledgling terrorist threating her school with cartwheels of mass destruction.

Comment

Originally posted by az
                      Why don't I hear this from other countries, then? Our kids not strong enough?

AZ
                      The US is a bit more inclined to air its dirt in public then Germany. I whish we were more like the Europeans in that regard.

Jeff
                      -We stop learning when We die, and some
                      people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                      Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                      - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                      - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Are you saying this gets swept under the carpet here?

AZ

Comment

No, I think Duty is saying it gets sensationalized there.
                          Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

How else would the news compete with the latest season of yuppies running around the amazon in the buff? But yes, things do seem to receive a disproportionate amount of attention here.
                            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Originally posted by az

AZ
                              Or consider people who have downs sydrom...I have a friend who is a nurse who takes care of people like that and they are so strong they dont even relize it.
                              Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Working...
                              X