Need a little Perl/Tomcat advice...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a little Perl/Tomcat advice...

I've set up Tomcat on a Win2k3 server box, and installed J2E, MySQL and an extant java app. I also want to use this server to host an existing Perl script.

I've setup ActiveState's Perl, and made the neccessary changes to Tomcat to allow CGI, set the environment variables etc and it *almost* works. Best I can get is a truncated output.

If someone knows what to check for paths, compatabilities etc, I'd be grateful for some advice. More details to follow if there's an expert out there.

TVMIA

T.
    FT.

You lost me on the fourth word
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

I guess you won't be helping then...?
      FT.

Comment

I guess we are kinda hung up on what TOMCAT is.
        Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
        MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
        Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
        Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

"Jakarta Tomcat is not only the most commonly used open source servlet engine today, it's become the de facto standard by which other servlet engines are measured. Powerful and flexible, it can be used as a stand-alone web server or in conjunction with another server, like Apache or IIS, to run servlets or JSPs."
          FT.

Comment

My only experience of Tomcat is when used with Apache on Novell Servers
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

Problem solved, and as you might guess it was pretty simple.

For some reason, cgi-lib.pl wasn't installed with Perl, and the code was stopping as soon as some content from the library was required.

If anyone is interested, it can be got from http://cgi-lib.berkeley.edu/

Cheers

T.
              FT.

Comment

Working...
              X