Its about time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its about time!

Heres what is breaking news in Scotland this week, to be in by 2006, pubs will be smokefree

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3999975.stm

Hope this works

It worked in Ireland, even though people had their doubts.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

Toronto went smoke-free in all public buildings last year, including bars/pubs. It's absolutely fantastic. I can come home after several hours in bar and I don't reek of smoke.
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Yeah but what about the reek of booze? Maybe they should forbid drinking in bars, as well?
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Well said Brian...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Ellis
              Yeah but what about the reek of booze? Maybe they should forbid drinking in bars, as well?
              OK but it does not stick to your clothes all day and next, unless someone vomits over you but the problem really is that those who work in bars should not be subject to passive smoking and the risks associated with that. Standing next to someone reeking of booze is not going to contribute to my suffering from cancer but it is a proven fact that passive smoking will...

Many countries including oz have had this ban in place for years including in shopping malls, restaurants and what a difference it makes to enjoy fresh air.

I am not a smoker and neither are many of my friends, but I do not think it should be shoved away but there should be smoking areas within all the above as it is discriminating against smokers

Comment

I prefer people not to smoke around me.... cigarette smoking is an addiction... the byproduct of that addiction is smoke. My addiction is beer, and the byproduct of that is urine.

Would you feel comfortable going home with my urine in your clothes, hair and food????
                The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by squire
                  I am not a smoker and neither are many of my friends, but I do not think it should be shoved away but there should be smoking areas within all the above as it is discriminating against smokers
                  Having a smoking area in a pub is like having a urinating area in a pool
                  If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
                      I prefer people not to smoke around me.... cigarette smoking is an addiction... the byproduct of that addiction is smoke. My addiction is beer, and the byproduct of that is urine.

Would you feel comfortable going home with my urine in your clothes, hair and food????
                      That is why we have toilets but there should be smoking rooms but many people enjoy the art of 'golden showers' so I won't stand in their way not my thing tho'!!

Originally posted by Technoid
                      Having a smoking area in a pub is like having a urinating area in a pool
                      I thought you were allowed to urinate in pools...lol

But as the saying goes, 'I don't swim in your toilet so don't pee in my pool'

Comment

floridas smoke free as well. ive gotten used to it.

i was pretty much shocked with the amount of smoking one can do in japan. it was a true vacation
                        www.lizziemorrison.com

Comment

Working...
                        X